Just imagine a rain storm falling on your head. The feel and the sound of it all are nothing short of soothing. If you love the relaxing feeling rain storms give, why not have your own rainmaker in your very own shower?
Best rain shower heads
SparkPod SH-3270 Rainfall Shower Head
- High pressure rainfall shower head: Our luxury bathroom rainhead is the perfect replacement that will jet out high-pressure rain of hot water so your whole body is doused with the downpour. You won’t go back to a normal shower again
- Easy tool-free installation: Our universal shower head quickly connects to any standard shower arm within 5 mins. Extra Bonus: Free Teflon Tape and Additional Water Filter to help with fitting the moment it arrives
- Easy to clean nozzles: Our rustproof ABS plastic luxury Chrome Showerhead comes with 90 Powered Easy to Clean Rubber Jets remove hard water deposits such as limescale to ensure you always feel the full force of this luxurious rain shower head. A low maintenance shower head for years to come
- Satisfaction guarantee: Rest assured knowing that your Spark Pod shower head is backed by our manufacturer 30-day money-back guarantee with a 1-year free replacement warranty
- Energy savings: Each SparkPod Rain Shower Head has a maximum outflow of 1.8 gallons per minute (GPM) so you can save on your water heater bill or enjoy longer hot showers
Let’s start off with a staple favorite. It is easy to install, easy to maintain, and easy on the wallet. The overall installation only takes about five minutes with no tools required since it’s attachable to standardized shower arms. But what if it won’t fit? No worries! Thispack comes with a Teflon tape to assist you with the fitting.
As you can see, this is aesthetically pleasing with health benefits on its shoulders. It has a water pressure high enough to keep your pores clear. You also have the option to install a filter should you want to regulate the pressure to save on bills or to just simply get the pressure you prefer.
Another beautiful thing about the SparkPod is that it’s self-cleaning, thanks to its ABS plastic Luxury Chrome. You can expect it to stay clean for years and years. While some raised issues about the possible lack of durability because of its plastic build, it comes with either a one-year replacement warranty or a 30-day money-back guarantee for your peace of mind.
- High water pressure
- Hot water for longer
- Durability issues
Shower Head Euphoria 260 by GROHE
- 3 spray functions transform your shower into a luxurious spa
- 10" spray face for maximum coverage
- Speed Clean nozzles allow the user to easy clean away limescale
- Rain shower with a 10" diameter that fulfills even strict WaterSense performance criteria
- GROHE Dream Spray technology with 3 spray zones for increased customer benefit
A fantastic head with a variety of patterns.
If GROHE’s pricey panel was out of your price range, the Euphoria 260 might be a better solution. This disk-shaped head satisfies WaterSense regulations, is reasonably priced, and has all of the capabilities found in their higher-end models.
The Euphoria 260 has you covered whether you prefer a soft rain or something with a little more strength for your hair. This 10-inch spray head includes three spray patterns, giving it an advantage over comparable models at this price point. SmartRain Spray makes use of the entire head, whereas Rain Spray provides a 7-inch broad shower by limiting pressure to the outer ring. Jet Spray and the inner ring can be used to create more intense showers.
Because it attaches onto any standard pipe and features a rotating ball joint with 15 degrees of swivel, changing patterns is as simple as installing it. It has a capacity of 2.5 gallons per minute and is easy to clean thanks to its SpeedClean nozzles and StarLight Chrome finish. The inner WaterGuide is also useful since it keeps the shower head cold while extending its lifespan.
There isn’t anything to dislike about the Grohe Euphoria 260 unless you prefer StarLight Chrome or Brushed Nickel. If you live in a water-stressed location, you’ll be relieved to hear that this model also comes in a 1.8 GPM version. It’s a fantastic head that comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- There are three spray patterns.
- Inner WaterGuide SmartControl Knob
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- With the large showerhead (9.375 inches) and RainAir spray mode, you can enjoy an especially intense shower experience
- Enjoy the exceptional design of the overhead shower and the long lifetime of the fully chrome-plated spray disc
- Cleaning is child's play thanks to the QuickClean anti-calcification function Limescale deposits are simply rubbed from the flexible silicon nozzles
- AirPower technology enriches the water with air, resulting in soft, pleasant water droplets on your skin
This rain showerhead from Hansgrohe is on the more expensive side of showerheads, but consumers agree that it is well worth the money. The showerhead is suspended from the ceiling, so the water it emits falls straight down, just like a rain shower. The showerhead has a 9.4-inch diameter, which is on the modest side for rain showerheads but still gives enough of water coverage. This showerhead has the advantage of being able to swivel up to 26 degrees in any direction.
The 2.5-gallons-per-minute flow rate and the incorporated AirPower self-pressurization technology in the showerhead deliver plenty of water power. The nozzles are meant to provide an intense, immersive experience that people looking for a rain shower would appreciate. Furthermore, the nozzles are composed of silicone, which allows them to be readily brushed and cleaned in the event of mineral buildup from hard water.
The showerhead is made completely of brass and finished in brushed nickel, making it both incredibly robust and extremely fashionable. However, it only comes with a one-year warranty, so you’ll have to rely on the sturdy build to protect your investment.
- The experience of a rain shower is replicated by a ceiling-mounted showerhead.
- Excellent water pressure for a completely immersive experience
- Nozzles are simple to clean.
- Metal construction that is long-lasting
- Extremely costly
- There is only a one-year warranty.
WarmSpray D10301 Rainfall Shower Head
- Large Coverage -- 9'' Rain shower head spread covers your entire body, provides a great rainfall-like stream with enough high pressure,water pressure of the shower head feels like a gentle massage, causes a pleasant sensation on your body.
- Rain High Flow-- 80 TRP jets with high flow- offers a soft and cleaning flow, rinse shampoo out of your body/hair and prevent lime and hard water deposits.
- Easy to Install -- Without tools, shower head can quickly connect to universal G1/2 connection your standard shower arm(Not included in the package). Choose A Suitable Angle for yourself to enjoy your rainfall shower.
- Premium Material -- Built with Premium Quality ABS Engineering Plastics-- Never rust, ensure shower heads both lightweight and durable. Especially, ABS panels are more effective than metal panels in preventing calcification of hard water deposits, so that make shower head long-lasting durability.
- Service -- Limited Lifetime service for all our WarmSpray shower head high pressure replacement against leaks, drips and finish defects. Any question, please feel free to reach out to us first.
The WarmSpray D10301 is another aesthetically pleasing option that’s affordable, functional, and incredibly beautiful. The showerhead houses 9 inches of pouring area for that whole body coverage. It also has a self-cleaning feature for easy maintenance.
To install, you only need to take your old shower head off and screw this one on. It is said to be compatible with all standardized shower arms. However, some users have reported that they needed to call in a plumber to help them install. It has ABS plastic built so it won’t rust for a long time. Since it’s made of plastic, it will prevent buildup of calcium but you might have to look out for any cracks once in a while.
One downside about this though is that its water pressure may not be good enough for you, especially if you’re used to high water pressure showers.
- Prevents calcium buildup
- Whole body pouring coverage
- Water pressure concerns
SR SUN RISE Wall Mounted Rainfall Shower Head
- 10 YEARS WARRANTY: Any product quality problem can be guaranteed free of charge. The shower cartridge is permanently replaced free of charge.
- Includes: L Style Brass Handheld Shower Head,12 Inch(30 CM) 304 Stainless Steel Rain Shower Head and Solid Brass Shower Mixer Valve
- 15.7 Inch (40cm) Metal Shower Arm and 70.8 Inch (1.8m) Shower Hose, Concealed installation Brass Shower Bracket Holder
- Polished Chrome plated finish offers a sleek look, ensuring corrosion resistance and durable
- Air energy technology offer consistent powerful rain shower even under low water pressure. New house bathroom renovation can be used as gift to send friends and family.
On the more premium side is this one from SR Sun Rise. This actually comes as a whole shower system with a shower head that’s square and rigid. It has a modern design and tops the others when it comes to functionality.
The showerhead measures 12 inches on all four sides so the coverage is topnotch. Additionally, it comes with a separate handheld shower head for that added water source. However, installation is challenging and you will most probably need a professional to help you through it.
This variant comes in three finishes. The build is impressively done since it’s durable, corrosion-free, and with a lifetime warranty plus a free replacement within five years. That’s pretty generous!
While it may not be the easiest in the pocket, we’d say that you get what you pay for. For shower systems ranging around this price, this one is definitely one of our best bets.
- Massive 12 inches of coverage
- Adjustable water pressure
- Comes with a handheld shower head
- Costly installation
- Some comes with faulty valves that will leave users with no temperature control
AquaSpa 1213 Square Rain Shower Head
- GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT PACK! Includes Mega Size 9-inch Chrome Face Square Rainfall Shower Head with 131 rub-clean jets PLUS Solid Brass 11 Inch Height and Angle Adjustable Extension Arm ($14.99 Value). Luxurious Rainfall Spa Shower Experience just got even better with opportunity to set your shower at Perfect Height, Angle and Easy Reach!
- RAIN SHOWER HEAD: Mega-size 9-inch Chrome Face Round Rainfall Shower Head provides luxurious rainfall spa shower experience. Mounts in Minutes, No Tools! Front and Back All Chrome Finish. Giant 9" Face with 105 Rub Clean Jets. Angle Adjustable Brass Ball Joint.
- SHOWER ARM: Solid Brass Heavy Duty Extension Arm. 180 Degrees Height & Angle Adjustable. Fits ANY Shower Head or Hand Shower. 2-foot Vertical Movement Range. Solid Brass Easy Lock Tightening Nuts, Moving Parts and Connection Nut. Heavy Weight Capacity.
- INSTALLATION: Tools-free Installation. Connects in minutes to any standard overhead shower arm, no tools required. No need to call a plumber!
This shower head from AquaSpa is a more affordable version of our previous entry. Like the one from SR Sun Rise, this is square with 9 inches in area. While you can install yourself, we highly recommend hiring a professional to ensure accuracy of installation. But if you decide not to use the shower arm it comes with and just attach the shower head, then you won’t need someone to help you.
It also comes with a joint so you can easily adjust the shower head. It has a chrome finish with 105 water jets. While installing the shower head only won’t need you to call any professional help, think twice if you’re including the shower arm too.
- Comes with an adjustable shower arm
- Easy to install shower head
- 105 jets provide large coverage
- Hard to install shower arm
- Durability issues
- Not great with low water pressure
Shower System EMBATHER
- WHY CHOOSE US ? --EMBATHER group has been more than 30 years' experience in Bathroom accessories sector. Our product has been gained IAPMO，JAS-ANZ，WaterMark ，UPC Approved
- UNIQUE DESIGN Bathtub Spout --The water does not pour out over the edge of bathtub spout as some have experienced. Water falls almost straight down ， it does not show finger prints or water spots，and The amount of water flow is awesome.
- HOT WATER SAFETY: One of the worst things that could happen in the shower is inconsistent water temperature. We all hate when it happens: sudden hot water that burns our skin and can even damage the epiderma. But with our shower faucet , there is no worry since the unique structure inside the pressure balance valve can quickly stop the outflow of hot water, keeping you safe from any burns.
- AIR TECHNOLOGY: Having a beautifully designed showerhead is not enough for you to have the most comfortable bathroom, which is why we have implemented the air technology through which not only will you cut off 30% of your water bills, but you will enjoy a high-pressure shower too
- OUR COMMITMENT ---Any quality problem(Non-artificial damage),we will exchange to you for free in five years .and However, if for some reason you find this shower head not suited for your bathroom, then don’t worry: we will fully return your payment with no explanations required.
It’s rare to find a shower that combines both aesthetic appeal and high performance. With its air injection technology that ensures you get the downpour experience to calm and cleanse you, the EMBATHER Shower System will establish the proper mood every morning.
Air injection technology also saves up to 30% of water by combining air and water to create a low pressure. This makes a significant impact in your water expenses.
The showerhead is sold as part of a set that includes a 71-inch hose, a 1-foot fixed showerhead, a hand showerhead, and a control valve. You wouldn’t need to buy anything more.
The brass and stainless steel design ensures long-lasting durability. It will also improve the aesthetics of your bathroom, making it appear more luxury, and will complement any style of décor.
Furthermore, because of the shower’s quiet operation, you will be able to converse or listen to music while it is running.
- This exquisite showerhead assembly is unrivaled in terms of value
- lifetime warranty.
- All of its components are made of corrosion-resistant materials.
- Most notably, it integrates technology that provides the best showering experience while also conserving water.
- Some consumers have expressed dissatisfaction with the kit’s rubber quality.
- You may also require the assistance of a professional to correctly install the shower head.
DreamSpa 1684 Rainfall Shower Head
- Ultra-Luxury Rainfall Shower Head and Multi-Setting Handheld Shower Combo. Use each shower head separately or both showerheads together! | 7 inch Chrome Face Rainfall Shower Head
- 4 inch Chrome Face High-power Hand Shower with 7 settings that include: Power Rain, Pulsating Massage, Hydro-Mist, Eco Rain, Rain/Mist, Rain/Massage and Water-saving Pause
- 3-zone Click Lever Dial with Rub-clean Jets | Patented 3-way Water Diverter with Anti-Swivel Lock | Angle-adjustable Overhead Bracket
- 5-ft. Super Flexible Stainless Steel Hose | Conical Brass Hose Nuts for easy hand tightening | Tools-free Installation
- Limited Lifetime Warranty is provided by Interlink Products International, Inc. This warranty is void if the product has been purchased from an unauthorized distributor.
This one from DreamSpa is another sleep shower head that comes with a handheld one that’s quite bulky. The main shower head holds a huge coverage. You can also control the water pressure as you can choose from three settings: firm to gentle.
Since the build of the shower head is chrome, you should ensure maintenance to avoid rust formation. Unfortunately, this shower head does not have a self-cleaning feature but it has Rub-clean jets for easier cleaning.
This is easy to install. In fact, a simple twist is all you need. The handheld shower head is attached to the main one so it doesn’t need any other hardware. However, some says that it looks quite cheap due to its plastic build.
- Three water pressure settings
- Easy to install
- Comes with a handheld shower head
- Looks cheap
AquaFan Dream Spa
- RAIN SHOWER HEAD: LED Shower Head by DreamSpa features 12 inch All Chrome Face with Color Changing LED / LCD Temperature Display, Curved FAN Design and 123 Rub Free easy to clean jets! This fixed mount showerhead is powered by Running water, no batteries needed. Built-in water temperature sensor and large LCD display changes color with water temperature.
- DREAM SPA: Turn ordinary bathroom into luxury spa with new faucet. This rainfall shower head will be great addition to your house or doorm room. Makes perfect back to school or housewarming gifts. If you are looking for high pressure rain shower head look no further.
- FEATURES: 123 Easy clean jets | Drenching high power rainfall shower experience | Elegant 12 inch curved fan design | Perfect shoulder-to-shoulder flow coverage | Angle Adjustable | Easy install without tools | Fits Any Standard Shower Arm | LCD display changes color with water temperature: - Blue - Cool (below 95° F) - Green - Warm (95° F-109° F) - Red - Hot (109° F-122° F) - Flashing red - Warning (above 122° F)
- INSTALL WITHOUT TOOLS: Simply remove your old shower head, apply plumbers tape (if needed) and replace with your new rainfall showerhead! No tools extra parts no professional plumbers required. ANYONE can do it!
A breathtaking spectacle! Dream’s AquaFan showerhead features a complete LED display that simulates showering in a color-changing universe. The sensation is more intimate, just that much more focused on you, thanks to the curved fan design. It also contains a little LCD temperature display so you can see how hot your shower is. Not to add that this lovely showerhead features 123 easy-to-clean, snag-free jets.
With the addition of this fantastic showerhead, you can transform your average bathroom into a spa. It has a lot of power. Soak yourself in shoulder-to-shoulder downpour. Adjust the angle to your preference. And it installs without the use of any tools. Replace your old showerhead with this gorgeous 12-inch curved fan rainfall showerhead, using plumber’s tape as needed. There are no tools, no extraneous parts, and no professionals are required. Perfect! You might also be interested in some of the greatest shower squeegees, so be sure to look into these.
- a lot of enjoyment
- The most technologically advanced of the lot
- Easy to use
- No expert installation required
- The LCD panel may not function properly.
- LED bulbs will eventually need to be replaced.
- The form is a little awkward.
- Fun takes precedence over function.
- If it leaks excessively, you may require the services of a plumber.
KES J203S8-BK Rain Shower Head
- ALL METAL NON-PLASTIC: Shower is made from stainless steel. All METAL construction provides much higher performance (high heat-resistance and pressure-resistance) and durability than plastic ones. It can serve many years without leakage.
- METAL SWIVEL BALL JOINT: Shower's METAL swivel ball allows you to adjust any angle of the shower head after installation. Shower angle can be easily adjusted to accommodate both kids and adults, providing perfect shower experience for every family member.
- ANTI-CLOGGING NOZZLES : Mineral deposits in water can build up in shower nozzles over time, causing clogging nozzle and splitting spray. Our silicone-made nozzles allow easy cleaning - simply pull and push the nozzle aside will get the job done in seconds.
- REMOVABLE FLOW RESTRICTOR: Water flow restrictor (2.5 GPM) can be removed if your water pressure is low. Please remember to check your local plumbing codes and regulations before removal.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Stainless Steel shower head, Water flow restrictor, Additional water filter, Teflon tape. Everything you need is in the package, you can install the shower head right away after receiving the package.
Now if you’re all for a smaller shower head, this is our smallest on this list. It has an 8-inch diameter in an all-metal build that allows it to have that modern and sleek aesthetics. Well, except for the silicone nozzles which are actually great for cleaning since they ensure that mineral deposits are easily removed.
This product fits on standard seized shower arms and also comes with a filter for water pressure regulation. But if your water pressure is low, you won’t need it. It also comes with a ball joint for direction control.
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean
- Ball joint swivel
- May leak
Delta Faucet RP52382 Touch-Clean Shower Head
- DRENCHING RAINFALL. Enjoy the luxurious experience of showering in an overhead, drenching rain with this Delta rain shower head
- EASY TO CLEAN. Delta shower heads with Touch-Clean spray holes allow you to quickly and easily wipe away calcium and lime build-up with a touch of a finger, so no need to soak or use chemical cleaners
- EASY INSTALLATION. Install in minutes with no special tools required (purchase recommended shower arm RP46870 and flange RP51034 separately)
- WATERSENSE LABELED. WaterSense labeled so you can enjoy a warm, drenching shower experience while using 20% less water—saving you money without compromising performance
Delta Faucet describes this product to be “intensely powerful” but is this true? It’s aesthetically pleasing, easy to install, and easy to clean. But what about the water pressure? Well, it depends. If your home has a good water pressure, this will help increase it even more. But if not, then this may not give you the pressure you desire. However, this comes with a huge downside. It has been reported that this shower head actually splits in half after some time.
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean
- Great water pressure if your pressure is already good
- Can’t fix bad residential water pressure
- May split in half
Rain Shower Head with Extending Arm by NearMoon
- 👍 INSTALL IN MINUTES - Very easy to install, only take less than ten minutes. Unscrew the old shower arm from the wall, install the 15 inch shower arm with Teflon, fixed the rainwater shower head. The thread is US standard size. A small wrench and Teflon tape are also in the package. Enjoy the spray from the giant shower head everyday with your family.
- 👍 EXTRA LARGE AND POWERFUL - The 12 inch shower head contains 144 nozzles with max high flow overhead. With the swivel ball connector, the shower head can be adjusted to any angle. Under this luxury shower head, you can enjoy a wonderful and gentle downpour that is flowing down over your full body. Massaging function as like doing natural SPA. It would be a peerless shower effect you’d never experienced.
- 👍 STYLISH & QUALITY - The rain shower heads is made of top quality stainless steel, mirror-like chrome finish, not only fashionable but also excellent rust resistance and durable, which makes your bathroom look fancy. Forget the plastic shower head, it is time to change your showerhead for a more comfortable bath enjoyment.
- 👍 SHOWER HEAD EXTENSION ARM – The 15 inch Shower arm is make of thick stainless steel. The wall-mounted extender can perfectly make the 12 inch luxury Rainfall Shower Head fixed and perpendicularly hang down without loosening and sagging, providing awesome rain shower. Compared with adjustable arm, the fixed arm can avoid the problem of too short, not stabilizing the head, leaking, etc.
- 👍 AMAZING SHOWER EXPERIENCE-Ready to swap out the weak drip of an old plastic shower head with the high flow, invigorating stream of a new one? NearMoon provides high-quality stainless steel Rain shower heads.Start your new shower experience.
NearMoon’s offering, which ranks sixth, could not be simpler to set up. It only takes a few minutes. Simply attach the rainfall showerhead on the 15-inch Teflon shower arm. If you aren’t that certain. Please do not hesitate to seek the advice of a professional. Everything you need to get started is included in the package. The 12-inch showerhead has 144 nozzles and is set to maximum flow when held overhead. A swivel ball connector allows you to modify the height and preference to your liking.
This NearMoon showerhead is a luxury that provides you with a tranquil shower while massaging you with an amazing deluge. Exactly like a spa. The showerhead is composed of high-quality stainless steel with a mirror-like chrome finish, and it is not only fashionable but also rust-resistant and long-lasting. A posh shower for a posh bathroom! The package includes an extension arm. Adjust it to your liking and enjoy a fantastic rain shower. With a height of 15 inches, this avoids the problem of being too small and is a perfect choice for those who are rather tall. Replace the feeble dripping of your typical shower routine with an exhilarating shower experience to start your day. You might also be interested in some of our top bidets. Examine them out.
- Nice and tall
- Excellent for tall folks.
- Rust-resisting power
- It feels fantastic.
- If you’re short, it’s not ideal for cleaning.
- The swivel ball connector is broken.
- Mount may fall if not correctly attached Leaking will be an issue
Ceiling Shower Head GROHE Rainshower F-Series 10″
- GROHE StarLight finish for scratch and tarnish-resistant surfaces for a lifetime of beauty
- GROHE DreamSpray features advanced shower engines to deliver precise and consistent water distribution throughout any spray pattern for an unparalleled and custom showering experience
- SpeedClean anti-lime system: Removes limescale with a simple wipe of a finger to maintain a like-new performance
- 20 in. x 20 in.
- Flush mount
When Size Is Everything and Price Isn’t…
While the majority of the shower heads on our list have a similar design, a handful stand apart. GROHE’s F-Series shower head achieves this by mounting flush with your ceiling yet being designed to function with any standard waterline.
The term that comes to mind when looking at the GROHE F-Series head is discrete. This sleek 20-inch shower head is only 12″ deep but has 240 nozzles driven by DreamSpray technology. It has a flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute at 80 PSI and provides uniform distribution. There is only one spray pattern, and because it is “fixed,” you should plan your placement carefully.
Another advantage of this system is the StarLight finish from the manufacturer. This preserves the shower head’s surface scratch-free and prevents tarnish from forming. It also incorporates a SpeedClean anti-lime technology, so you won’t have to worry about the nozzles. You can clean it with a rag or your finger. It is not easy to install, but it is simple to clean and provides the most realistic rain experience in our opinion.
The GROHE Rainshower F-Series 20-inch shower head is not for everyone because it requires professional installation unless you are knowledgeable in plumbing and can manage some sheetrock construction. It’s also somewhat pricey, but it’s well worth it when you consider the quality and design of the F-Series. This head comes in StarLight Chrome and has a limited lifetime warranty. There is also a 10-inch model that is less expensive.
- 20-inch flush mount
- 240 nozzle head
- Capacity of 250 GPM
- Complaint against CALGreen
- It is costly
Having a great shower experience after a long day can wash away the day’s stress. With that, we believe that investing in a rain shower head is a great idea. You can choose from this list for an easier shopping experience. To cap this off, you may want to opt for the top two: the ones from SparkPod and WarmSpray. Good luck!
What is the purpose of getting a rainshower head?
A rainshower head provides maximum water coverage with a smooth, delicate pattern designed to mimic summer rain. A rainshower head’s even pattern is guaranteed to wash away any stress you bring into the shower with you.
Why are rainshower heads better than traditional heads?
Rainshower heads offer the soothing sensation of summer rain into the home. GROHE Rainshowers provide comprehensive water coverage as well as several spray settings to let you unwind after a hard day or energize yourself in the morning. For a delightful shower experience, GROHE DreamSpray technology ensures effective water distribution.
The benefits of a rainfall shower head
You will be given a mild, soothing shower
Raindrops versus powerful water jets? We already know which one we favor. Every morning, shower in luxury and ease, your very personal raincloud at the temperature you like.
Excellent sense of style and flair
Rain shower heads look fantastic! They’re large and distinctive in appearance. A high-quality rain shower head will transform your bathroom and shower into million-dollar settings. Make your bathroom and shower look like a 5-star hotel room.
More coverage in your shower
Have you ever felt like you had to run around in the shower just to get wet? You’ll always get an ordinary shower, not a terrific one, if your shower head is scarce and uneven. You’ll always be covered and have a terrific shower with a huge and even rain shower head.
You now have more options
More modern rain shower heads offer a variety of spray patterns to choose from. More options allow you to select the shower spray that best suits you and your mood. Do you want to take a long, steamy shower? Select the soaking rain. Do you want a lengthy, meandering, stress-relieving shower? Choose the water-saving trickle and you’ll never feel bad about using too much water again. Muscle pain and stiffness? Choose the pounding rain massage to wash away your aches and pains.
What to look for when purchasing a rain shower head
Rain shower heads are available in a variety of sizes and forms (round, square, and rectangular). When determining which shower head is best for you, think about how much coverage you want—the larger the shower head, the more coverage you’ll get. Alternatively, the more focused the coverage, the smaller the shower head. Choose a rain shower head that is closer to 10 or 12 inches in length if you want it to cover more of your body. If you have limited space or prefer a smaller stream, an 8-inch head would suffice.
Installation on a Wall or Ceiling
Normally, customers must choose between wall-mounted and ceiling-mounted rainshower heads. GROHE offers arm extensions for wall-mounted showers so you may always have the impression of rain pouring overhead without having to replace your current plumbing system. Most rainshower heads are set slightly higher than regular showerheads, at 80 to 84 inches from the shower floor. To accommodate taller users, the rainshower head should be installed approximately 84 inches from the shower floor.
The gentle spray of actual rain is part of the attractiveness of a rain shower head, but in some situations, that is the only function of the shower head. If you want a rain shower head with multiple spray patterns or adjustable pressure, you’ll have to do some research to discover one that matches your requirements. The same can be said for optional features such as a portable arm or wand and LED lights.
It is not always necessary to purchase a significant brand in order to obtain an excellent product, and vice versa. Take some time to read the user reviews from other Amazon customers who have purchased the same product, and you will be able to choose the correct shower head for your bathroom.
Shower arm compatibility
Is the model intended to be wall or ceiling mounted? Will this work with your existing shower arm? You will be able to tell by looking at the product information and photographs. If in doubt, consider purchasing a new shower arm that is compatible with your new shower head.
Spray layout and settings
Some rain shower heads provide several spray settings as well as more complex spray designs. If all you want is a pleasant, simple rain shower, a basic design with a single setting should suffice. Choose a head with multiple spray settings if you want to be able to adjust between rainfall, forceful massage, drenching, and mist settings.
Water Pressure and Flow Rate
Flow rate, measured in gallons per minute (GPM), is not synonymous with water pressure, but rather the amount of water used by a showerhead. Most shower heads have a flow rate of 2.5 GPM, but if you want to save money on your water bill, seek for a showerhead with a flow rate of 2 GPM or less! Some states, such as New York and Colorado, demand a flow rate of 2.0 GPM or less, whereas California has a lower limit of 1.8 GPM.
Showerheads with lesser flow rates, on the other hand, can have higher water pressure. Keep in mind that if your shower already has low water pressure, a rain showerhead may not be the ideal solution for you. Because a larger showerhead distributes the same amount of water across a larger surface area, you may experience less pressure. If this is the case for you, we propose a few two-in-one showerheads that allow you to adjust between spray settings—the ideal compromise if you live with folks who have different preferences.
Match your new shower head to the rest of your bathroom’s fixtures and fittings. For example, if your shower has chrome taps and fixtures, go for a chrome finish for your new shower head. That being said, your shower head can become more of a focal point in your bathroom, so don’t be scared to be daring and make your shower spectacular!
Different types of shower heads
There are various varieties of shower heads to pick from, each with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. When searching for a new shower head, it’s critical to consider all of these criteria.
- Fixed: These versions are directly attached to the shower arm — the existing water pipe coming out of your shower wall — and typically contain a ball joint that allows you to swivel and change the angle of their spray. These can range from basic devices with only one spray choice to multi-functional models with a variety of functions and spray settings.
- Handheld shower heads sit in a cradle and can be used as a fixed shower head if desired, but they also include a long, flexible hose that allows them to be used as a handheld unit. These are excellent for washing off body wash or shaving cream, bathing your pets, or cleaning the shower.
- Dual shower heads: These are a combination of fixed and handheld types, and they often use a cradle incorporated into the face of a fixed shower head. This allows you to utilize the fixed shower head and the handheld wand at the same time, albeit it diverts water and may result in diminished pressure.
- Ceiling Suspension: This is a fixed shower head that is either attached to the ceiling or on the shower unit’s top arm. These aren’t movable, but they do have a variety of functions and water pressure settings to suit your showering preferences.
- Rainfall: A rainfall shower head is typically located on the ceiling, however it has a significantly larger surface area than a regular ceiling mounted shower head and offers water spray that mimics rainfall rather than harsh pressured jets. If you want a more luxurious shower, a rainfall shower head is the way to go!
Mounts of various types
- Wall-mounted shower heads: Because the majority of homes and apartments have wall-mounted shower arms, I confined my testing to goods that are compatible with those fittings. These are, of course, classic shower heads that are affixed to a wall.
- Ceiling-mounted shower heads: It allow for larger, rain-style shower heads, but since they’re so high up, they’re usually inaccessible enough to have different stream settings.
Will they be simple to set up?
You’ll be relieved to learn that rainfall shower heads are simple to install if you already have a ceiling-mounted shower head; simply remove one and replace it. If you currently have a single or dual spray shower head, you will need an extension component to properly fit your rainfall shower head. When showering, your rainfall shower head should ideally be immediately above your head, so keep this in mind when purchasing an extension kit.
How far above my head should a rain shower head be?
When installing a shower head, always ensure that there is enough clearance for the tallest person in the home to shower comfortably – as a guideline, there should be at least 3 inches between the head and the tallest user’s head.
How do you add a rain showerhead to a shower that already has one?
Every shower head comes with instructions on how to use it, however there is a common pattern. Simply remove your existing showerhead and replace it with the rainfall shower, as directed. Make sure you have plenty of plumber’s tape on hand!
What is the best way to clean a rain showerhead?
Wrap a distilled white vinegar-filled plastic bag around the showerhead, secure with a rubber band, and leave for two to three hours. Remove the item, then wipe it clean with a firm cloth. Some showerheads do not require scrubbing, and this is one of the chemical-free methods for doing so.
Is the pressure in rain shower heads adequate?
Yes. As long as you verify the flow rate, most rain shower heads deliver excellent pressure. Choose models with a 2.5 GPM flow rate for maximum pressure, as this is the maximum allowed in the United States.
Is it possible to boost water pressure with a shower head?
Yes. Water pressure can be increased by using high-pressure shower heads.
What is an appropriate psi for a shower head?
The standard psi in the United States is between 45 and 55 pounds per square inch.
Is it true that rain shower heads use a lot of water?
It depends; each model has advantages and disadvantages. Yes, if you’re using a 2.5 GPM model. In that instance, you’re using the maximum amount of water that the United States will allow for a normal shower head.
How much money does a water-saving shower head save?
A family of four might save up to 2,300 gallons of water per year by reducing shower time by 2 to 3 minutes and utilizing a shower head with a flow rate of 2.5.
In contrast, if you purchase a model with a 1.8 GPM flow rate, you will save water in comparison to the majority of households.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-09-22