If you want hot water instantly and want to serve numerous cups of tea over several hours, you’ll need an electric hot water boiler.
In contrast to electric kettles, an electric water boiler and warmer can both swiftly heat your water and KEEP it warm at your chosen temperature for several hours, saving both time and energy.
If you just need a cheap electric kettle for a single usage, we’ve tested some terrific options including the Hamilton Beach, Breville Electric Kettle, and Cuisinart PerfectTemp. However, if you like tea, coffee, noodle soup, baby bottles, or porridge and need hot water on demand for an extended period of time, keep reading:
In a word, water boilers differ in terms of capacity, which is important if you want to serve numerous cups throughout the day, temperature settings, design, and longevity, and we have in-depth reviews of several models.
Secura Electric Water Boiler and Warmer in Stainless Steel
- Water-level gauge. Commercial grade non-coated 18/10 stainless steel interior. 750 watt (120V), measures 12" tall
- Built in automatic clean cycle to remove water scale buildup. Low-water auto shut-off
- Water boiler and warmer with a large 4-quart capacity. Commercial grade non-coated 18/10 stainless steel interior
- Built in automatic clean cycle to remove water scale buildup. Blue night light function for easy water dispensing under low light
The Secura electric water boiler includes a blue night light, which is useful. It has four temperature settings that can be readily modified to make different types of tea (white, green, black, oolong, and so on), and the micro temperature control system keeps your water heated at the degree you specify.
It includes 4 quarts of storage, which is plainly visible via the water level gauge, and a nonstick inside container for simple cleaning. It also includes a magnetic power cord, steam ventilation, a detachable top, and a dispenser lock.
Power Cord with Magnet
This is a critical feature for additional security. If there is any spillage, the cord is immediately severed. Furthermore, the auto shut off mechanism aids in the prevention of water leakage.
This will come in handy when administering water in low-light conditions. It’s also visually appealing.
Operation with a single touch
Several safety features
Light at night
Keep-warm function on auto
Capacity constraint (suitable for small families)
Bottom line, the Secura water boiler offers excellent value for money.
Zojirushi CV-DCC40XT 4-Liter Stainless Dark Brown Hybrid Water Boiler And Warmer
- Hybrid water boiler and warmer. Electrical Rating : 120 Volts and 840 Watts
- 4 keep warm temperature settings (160 Degree F, 175 Degree F, 195 Degree F, 208 Degree F) and vacuum insulated non-electric keep warm
- Quick temp mode brings water to desired temperature without boiling, Micro computerized temperature control system
- Easy-To-Clean nonstick interior and clear-coated stainless steel body
- Interchangeable melody or beep signal may also be turned off
The Zojirushi Water Boiler and Warmer is most likely the greatest large electric water boiler and warmer available. It has every feature and capacity imaginable. However, it may be a little too much if you’re simply seeking to make a cup or two of tea.
The Zojirushi has four computerized temperature settings: 1600F, 1750F, 1950F, and 2050F. It also offers a one-touch dispensing mechanism and cleaning options such as descaling and dechlorination.
With its LED display, you can configure the gadget to warm your water at a later time, and it has an auto shut-off option for safety, as well as notifications for when boiling is complete or when water levels go too low.
One of the defining advantages of Zojirushi water warmers is that they can instantly heat the water to your selected temperature setting without first reaching the boiling degree.
Because this water boiler is the most energy efficient among its competitors, it greatly lowers heating time.
Tiger PDU-A50U-K Electric Water Boiler and Warmer, 5.0-Liter, Stainless Black
The Tiger PDU Water Boiler features a pretty attractive display that lets you to control the temperature to four chosen temperature settings when initially heating water, as well as keeping your water warm at the following temperatures: 208°F/194°F / 176°F / 158°F.
Ideal for brewing several varieties of tea. The monitor also features two sleep timer settings: 6 and 9 hours.
It has an automatic shut-off mechanism, a removable lid for easy cleaning, and a nonstick inner coated pot. It is also energy efficient and has a dechlorination mode.
Tiger PVW-B30U 3-Liter Electric Water Dispenser Review
- 2 way styles for dispenser: Electric and air pump without using electricity
- Choices of Energy saving modes: VE mode & Energy Saving Mode
- VE Mode is when the water boils, heater shuts off automatically and uses Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulation to keep warm
- Energy Saving Mode applies after 2 houes not in use; It reduces approximately 9F from regualr setting temperature
- Auto lock system after dispensing for safety
This Tiger PVW B3OU water heater has a capacity of 3 liters, which is plenty for several teapots. We believe that the Tiger PDU or Zojirushi is a better value. This Tiger model, on the other hand, has a two-way style hot water distribution mechanism – both electric and by an air pump approach, which works without the need of energy, potentially lowering your utility bill, therefore some customers prefer this model.
It also features two energy-saving modes: Energy Saving mode and VE Mode, which automatically turns off the heater after 2 hours of inactivity after the water has been boiled.
Finally, it includes a microcomputerized temperature control system that can easily heat water to the appropriate temperature – 1760F, 1940F, and 2080F.
R-HAP-1602 Electric 4 L Hot Water Dispenser by Rosewill
- [LARGE CAPACITY] Water boiler and warmer capable of quickly warming and boiling up to 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) of water
- [DUAL DISPENSER] Dispense hot water via the press of a button or use the cup switch, if preferred.
- [WATER-LEVEL GUAGE] Easily monitor your dispenser's water level via the large windows. Built-in blue light feature makes it helps you read the water level even with low light
- [COMPUTERIZED TEMPERATURE CONTROL SYSTEM] 3 Temperature settings - tea (208°F), coffee (185°F), and (instant soup, hot cereal, etc. (149°F)
- [STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN] Outer shell and inner pot are both 100% stainless steel, offering a beautiful aesthetic on top of great functionality.
The Rosewill Electric Water Heater has a large capacity of 4 liters and 3 temperature settings. The water dispenser, like the Secura, has a night light indication function but no notifications or aural indicators.
It is equipped with an auto-electric pump lock, a bottom heater, and a double dry-boiled protection design. It lacks a cleaning function, but you can clean it with a citric acid solution.
We’re conflicted because we’ve never used this model, and while being a “Amazon’s choice,” it only has 3.5 stars from nearly 700 reviewers.
- Light at night
- Handle is sturdy.
- Auto-cleaning function
- Temperature control via computer
- Splash protection with auto-lock
- Water-level indicator with a blue light
- There is no insulation.
Panasonic Electric RA41660 Thermo Pot with Slow-Drip Coffee Feature
- Versatile, medium-capacity hot water dispenser: Panasonic thermal pot prepares 3. 2 quarts (3L) of heated water for tea, instant Coffee, hot cocoa, instant soup, noodles, baby food and more, making it ideal for family events, entertaining and other needs
- Slow-drip Coffee feature: slow-drip mode for fresh Drip-Brewed Coffee with the push of a button; place cup beneath hot water dispenser, put filtration in place, Add ground Coffee and Touch slow-drip mode
- Four automatic temperature settings: four precise settings (208, 190, 180 and 160°f) automatically heat and keep water hot for hours, making it ideal for different types and blends of tea
- Bincho-tan charcoal coating: The surface of the stainless-steel inner pot is precision Coated with bincho-tan charcoal to purify and alkalize the pH level of hot water and naturally extract more flavorful elements in tea
- Additional features: LCD screen, easy-to-read water gauge, 6-hour Energy savings timer, detachable power cord and 360º rotating base for easy access, and dispenser safety lock
Panasonic’s electric thermo pot is an excellent choice if you want hot coffee or wish to create hot cocoa, noodles, baby food, instant soup, and cereals. The thermo pot with a medium capacity can heat up to three liters of water. The long-lasting and adaptable appliance has four temperature settings, simple touch buttons, a six-hour energy-saving timer, and a re-boiling water function. It also has an LCD screen with an accurate water temperature monitor and an easy-to-read water level gauge. With slow boiling, the inner pot is coated with Bincho-tan charcoal, which helps to alkalinize the pH level.
- Power cord is detachable.
- The base rotates 360 degrees.
- Sturdy loop handle that is portable
- Lid opening with a push-button
- Dispenser security lock
- Rusting may occur over time.
If your budget allows it, acquire the Zojirushi Water Boiler, which is largely regarded as the greatest water boiler on the market. However, in terms of value, the Secura Electric Water Boiler is a fantastic alternative as well.
Why do you need a water boiler and warmer?
To save time, energy, and be more efficient. Water boilers are perfect for keeping your water warm over a long period of time.
It’s a great way to receive fast hot water on demand without having to deal with the inconvenience of heating water on the stove over and again.
You could still use a microwave, but your water won’t be heated uniformly and consistently, you won’t be able to readily gauge its temperature, and you’ll have to keep warming it over and over.
What should you look for in a tea water boiler and warmer?
The models we’ve listed above are all high-quality and include features like Auto Shut Off, LCD screens, customizable temperature settings, and, in some cases, detachable cords.
Longevity, customer service, and durability are the true differentiators. While there are various high-quality electric kettle brands, only a few names, like as Tiger and Zojirushi, have endured the test of time when it comes to water boilers.
When shopping for a water boiler and heater, keep the following points in mind.
- Capacity: Water boilers are available in a variety of capacities. A 3.0-liter capacity water boiler and warmer, for example, may be perfect for individuals or couples. A water heater with a capacity of 20 liters is ideal for industrial use, as well as larger households or parties.
- Speed: If you need hot water quickly for a cup of coffee or to make baby food, you’ll need a machine that can boil water in the smallest amount of time.
- Simple to use: Choose a small boiler with a removable, cleanable cover. Heavy machinery is difficult to operate and difficult to clean. To improve water quality and eliminate unpleasant tastes and odors, use a model with a dechlorination mode. Some heaters have an automatic cleaning function, while others must be cleaned manually.
- Dimensions and weight: Whether the boiler is large or little, for home or commercial usage, examine the dimensions before purchase to ensure that it will fit comfortably in the specified space. The machine should not be too heavy because it will be difficult to move and clean.
- Energy consumption: Water boilers use less energy than other appliances. Some offer extra features to help you save even more money on your electricity bill. Automatic shut-off, timer settings, and heat preservation keep the water hot without requiring constant electricity consumption.
- Material: Most water boilers are made of stainless steel, which is resistant to stains, corrosion, and dust. The interiors are nonstick coated and insulated to provide a longer ‘keep-warm’ effect.
- Price: Water heaters are available in a variety of functions and capacities at varying prices. Select a model that meets your requirements and budget.
Tea Temperature Guide
Did you know that various teas taste better at different temperatures? A good water boiler or electric kettle may be readily configured to heat your water to the temperature you choose.
Here’s a quick reference to the various temperatures that are best for various teas:
- White Tea — 149-158 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Yellow Tea — 159-167 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Green Tea — 167-176 degrees Fahrenheit
- 176-185F for Oolong Tea
- 210 degrees Fahrenheit for black tea
- Boiling water – 210 degrees can also be used for instant foods that require hot water, such as noodles or oatmeal, or to quickly boil vegetables.
At the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference, and these measurements are only guides.
What is the best type of water kettle?
It depends, like with so many other things. Do you require a high capacity because the water heater will be used commercially or by multiple persons in the household? Then you should go for at least a 4 or 5L model. If not, a smaller 3L type or even an electric kettle will usually suffice.
What is the best material?
Plastic is the most commonly used material. Although almost all manufacturers have taken great effort to ensure that their electric kettles and water boilers are BPA-free and that their plastic does not leave a fishy odor on the water heater, there are still many people who will not touch anything other than a stainless steel model.
Kettles are a little unusual in that there are several great glass kettle models available in addition to stainless steel types.
What are the benefits of having a water boiler and warmer?
One of the primary advantages of a water boiler is that it lowers power expenses by conserving energy. It often has a bigger capacity than a standard water kettle and can keep water warm at a specific temperature for several hours. The device is small, robust, simple to use, and easy to clean and maintain.
Can I use it to heat other liquids?
No, these units are solely used to heat water. Other liquids may wreak havoc on the product.
How quickly does the water boil?
This is determined by two variables. The heating rate is determined by the amount of water poured into the heater. The heating rate is also determined by the device’s wattage. The higher the wattage, the more power it possesses and the faster it boils water.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-10-03