Table of Contents
In today’s fast-changing world, where we’re told we have twelve years to live one day and good the next, taking good care of your health has become a common topic of discussion.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with that. (It sure beats the cigarette advertisements from the 1950s, when everybody was supposed to smoke daily after reaching a certain age!)
Since humans are mainly made of water (along with some bones and a liver), controlling the amount and quality of water we drink daily is one of the most important aspects of living a healthy lifestyle.
You can make your diet as varied and green as you want, but if you end up drinking gallons upon gallons of poor-quality water over the years, the result can be nasty diseases and a lower quality of life.
This article will discuss a unique class of water-filtering devices that can help you make your tap water improved and not only potable. With the inclusion of several beneficial minerals.) The machine in question is known as the best water ionizers. We have compiled a list of the ten best models currently available on the market, with a buyer’s guide and a list of factors to consider you should consider before making a purchase.
And now, without further ado, here’s the contract!
What are water ionizers, and how do they work?
The best water ionizers change the pH of the water to increase its alkalinity.
Ionized water is water that has passed through an ionizer pump. Metal plates, usually titanium and platinum, are used in standard alkaline water machines. These employ the electrolysis process to separate the main ions in the water, resulting in a higher alkaline pH.
So, why do people prefer alkaline water? Actually, it’s more than just a matter of personal taste. Alkaline water is thought to reduce the body’s oxidative stress.
It is also said to provide important nutrients for hydration, energy, and detoxification.
How does a water ionizer work?
Water ionizing devices are metal or plastic electronic filter units the size of a toaster that contains all of the components needed to alkalize water.
A water ionizer is normally connected to a kitchen faucet, allowing direct access to your water source. This ensures that your ionizing system can ionize all of your tap water before you drink, cook, or clean with it.
As ordinary tap water reaches the ionizer machine, the carbonate minerals (calcium and magnesium minerals) are changed into hydrated minerals. This is referred to as a regulated electrolysis operation.
Let’s take it a step further. Water enters an ionizing machine through an adapter, normally a flexible plastic tube, connected to your faucet. Water is first filtered within the device to eliminate common harmful pollutants such as heavy metals, chemicals, and pathogens. This filtered water is then made to pass through a chamber filled with electromagnetically charged platinum-coated titanium electrodes.
The positively charged electrons attract the negatively charged ions. Reduced ionized water is generated in this process, while oxidized water is stored separately in the ionizing system.
The oxidized, or acidic, water is delivered to the sink through a separate flexible plastic hose. The reduced ionized, or alkaline, water flows directly from the faucet. You would be able to use the oxidized water for sterilization purposes, such as dishwashing and hand washing. Reduced ionized water is safe to drink and cook with.
Different minerals can be found in the water that comes out of the ionizing machine. The ionizer essentially breaks the mineral carbonates in drinking water in two, separating the salts and carbonates. Minerals end up in alkaline water, while carbonate ends up in acid water.
Buyer’s guide for home best alkaline water ionizer
Built-in water filter
The water filter is the foundation of any ionizing water device. Without it, these devices will easily become clogged with various sediments and layers of potentially dangerous minerals.
To combat this, the manufacturers of these ionizers have strong built-in filters that clean the water inside to be further ionized. The problem with these filters is that they are not permanent, so you must be aware of their lifecycle. When they become too filthy, they must be cleaned, which is a process that will cost you money. (This is dependent on the water ionizer’s quality.)
Filter adjustments are typically needed every six months or annually, so you won’t have to spend a fortune on these every month. However, failing to maintain a dirty filter defeats the intention of using a water ionizer in the first place! (Because the water would not be sufficiently clean when it exits.)
The pH spectrum of a water ionizer is the single most valuable bit of knowledge about it.
As you are probably aware, the pH value of water indicates how acidic or alkaline it is. Having said that, the entire purpose of these ionizing machines is to convert acidic or neutral water into alkaline water.
The theory here is that drinking acidic water is bad for you because it raises the total acidity of your body. On the other hand, alkalinity is good for the body, and there are some signs that it may aid people with cancer with their treatments.
(By the way, the acidity vs. alkalinity scale runs from 1 to 14, 14 being the most alkaline and with 1 being the most acidic.) As a result, seven is regarded as neutral.)
ORP is an abbreviation for oxidation-reduction potential, which describes how a water oxidizer decreases oxidation levels and oxidizes within the unit. The healthier the water provided by an alkaline water ionizer machine, the lower the OPR range.
Water ionizers are not the cheapest water-treatment devices on the market, so keep that in mind (it won’t be difficult). Indeed, with the price of a single device easily exceeding 3,000 or 4,000 dollars, making sure the model you’ve chosen has a reliable warranty in place is critical.
So, when looking at new water ionizing solutions, make sure to thoroughly read the manufacturer’s summary and search for the line that says “warranty.” If such a section is missing, you may want to consider a different product.
Repairs for complicated machines like these can be very costly, so purchasing a product that comes with a warranty is a must!
Before deciding how much you are willing to spend on a water ionizer, you must first determine its costs.
A standard alkaline water ionizer can cost you between $600 and $2,500 on average. The best water ionizers may cost much more than this, although some more simple ionizing machines can cost less.
Reviews of the top 10 best water ionizers
1. Tyent UCE 11 USA Under Counter Water Ionizer
- Hydrogen Boost Technology: The UCE-11 has increased amperage with its hydrogen boost technology to get the BEST levels of antioxidants!
- Surface Area: 385 square inches
- Filtration: Dual filters Ultra filtration .01 Micron
- Negative ORP Levels: Up to -1050*
- pH Levels: 1.7-12.0*
- Prevention Devices: Flood prevention sensor
- Cleaning: Automatic self-cleaning
One of the best water-filtering solutions, Tyent USA water ionizer model UCE-11, currently on the market, represents a strong AND stylish ionizing solution. This contraption provides excellent filtration under counter water sources, with a 99.9% success rate eliminating a wide range of pollutants.
This thing’s ionizing strength comes from 11 platinum plates that, when combined, can treat a significant volume of water while still providing outstanding cleaning results every time you make use of it. The thing that powers this thing up is a powerful 10-Amp unit. This should be enough to include high-quality water ionization.
In addition to the platinum plates, the people at Tyent USA used BPA-free plastic and some other metal parts for the frame to construct this model. The main thing to remember here is that it is BPA-free, which ensures that you will not have any issues with bisphenol-A (the long form of BPA), an industrial-grade chemical that can be detrimental to your health.
Besides that, consider the lifetime warranty generously provided by the Tyent USA team, and it’s easy to see why this product is one of the most common water ionizers on the market right now.
- Promotional Chrome Shower Filter Included – Limited Time Offer
- Lifetime warranty
- 11 platinum plates
- BPA-free plastic parts
- 10 amps of power
- Capable of extracting up to 99.9% of all chemicals
- Quite pricey
- Replacement cartridges are very pricey
If you’re looking for a strong water ionizer at a reasonable price, this model from Aqua-Ionizer Pro could be just what you’re looking for. The best thing about it is the enormous number of options you can get for a comparatively small amount of money instead of some of the versions presented by other manufacturers!
This water ionizer includes seven different water presets, enabling you to get different types of treated water with the click of a button. You will be able to control various choices, including four continuously available ionized presets (which will include alkaline water), one preset for non-alkaline water that is still filtered, and two more presets for ionized acidic water.
If you’re wondering why you may need acidic water, here’s some water quality trivia for you! Though alkaline water is ideal for drinking, acidic water is excellent for washing. So, if you need a bucket of water to clean any surfaces, having some ionized acidic water can be an excellent option.
- 7 Healthy Water Options: 1 non-ionized purified preset; 2 ionized acidic presets; 4 ionized alkaline continuously variable presets;
- Advanced 7-Electroplate Technology: 7 platinum-coated titanium plates that are long-lasting, durable, and energy-efficient.
- It has seven different presets for various types of water purification and ionization.
- Self-cleaning feature
- Active carbon built-in filter
- 5-year warranty
- Backlit LCD screen
- Some users have complained about a difficult installation;
- Some users have complained that the filter inside this ionizer does not eliminate chlorine.
This model from Life Ionizer features one of the most impressive counter-tops water-ionizing options currently commercially available, thanks to its sleek nature and some very impressive technical characteristics.
This model’s technology is relatively simple. Life Ionizer’s engineers have devised an intriguing method for thoroughly platinum-coating the surfaces. Since each plate was deeply dipped in platinum, you can expect premium filtration every time.
As the title suggests, this alkaline water ionizer is ideally suited for use on a kitchen countertop. So, to quickly and easily integrate this device into the kitchen’s surroundings, the team at Life Ionizer has opted to make it a stylish black shade with a silver middle that can do magic to make this thing match well with the rest of the kitchen – stylistically speaking.
This model also performs admirably in terms of ease of installation. Specifically, you will receive some directions to follow, and then all you need to do is install this unit according to the steps outlined inside. Overall, having the life ionizer function right out of the box isn’t rocket science – merely applying the instructions should be sufficient to get this device up and running.
- Live A Healthier Life– Drinking ionized alkaline water may help with various health problems, including acid reflux, cholesterol reduction, and weight loss. Alkaline water also benefits the immune system and safe probiotics, and it aids in bone health. Ionized water boosts vitality, strength, mental concentration, clarity, and resilience daily. With BPA and BPS-free tubing, your MXL-9 can also help you live contaminant-free.
- New and enhanced technology: Our new Life Ionizer’s advanced mechanics allow for more effective ionization. The new XL Matrix GRID plates allow more electrons to be passed into the water. More electrons = more antioxidants = more molecular hydrogen. The device plates are dipped in medical-grade platinum eight times to ensure the strength and purity of each machine. The MXL-9 can also achieve -800 ORP and a pH range of 2.0- 11.5.
- Easy installation
- Plates dipped in medical-grade platinum
- BPA-free tubing
- Stylish style ideal for countertops
- Lifetime warranty
- Some users have complained about high replacement filter costs.
- Some customers have reported poor customer service.
If you’re looking for a modern-looking water-ionizing machine that will meet your family’s clean alkaline water needs for years ahead, this model from Bawel might be just what you’re looking for.
As previously said, the best thing about these devices is that they can generate both acidic and alkaline water – and this Bawel water ionizer is no exception. This is helpful since both of these will work wonders for various purposes. For instance, most people drink and cook with alkaline water. Acidic water, on the other hand, lends itself wonderfully to washing! And this machine allows you to produce water at both ends of the pH value continuum.
The Bawel team seems to be very confident in this alkaline ionizer gadget, which is presumably why they’ve agreed to sell a lifetime warranty on it. This means that if this thing breaks down in the future, you can contact Bawel customer service and get the problem resolved easily and efficiently. When it comes to daily filter adjustments, you’ll have to do them yourself. For the record, the threshold is 5,000 liters. (Changing filters on this contraption also necessitates changing two of them simultaneously, as this ionizer has two filters.)
- Bawell Water Ionizers produce Alkaline Ionized Drinkable water and Acidic Water for cleaning, and they come with a Forever Lifetime Warranty.
- Easy-to-read display
- Excellent system for producing both alkaline and acidic water
- Voice notification when the filter hits 5,000 liters (indicating when it needs to be changed)
- 2-stage filtration
- Lifetime warranty
- It comes with an installation DVD
- Some customers have complained leaks about
- Fairly expensive
Those looking for a simple device that can help make their water alkaline, search no further than this charming Aqua Ionizer Deluxe machine. Aqua-Ionizer Pro has managed to cram a rather clever program into its rather compact body, allowing its user to select and choose between 7 different settings to their heart’s content!
The options are as follows: One purification setting without ionization, four alkaline water settings, and two additional settings containing ionized water. These seven should cover all of your cooking, drinking, and cleaning needs.
To make their water-ionizing machine both environment-friendly and long-lasting, the engineers at Aqua-Ionizer Pro used advanced electroplated technology, which included titanium plates that were then coated with platinum. Both of these features combine to make this ionizer a top-tier device capable of ionizing your water while still conserving electricity.
One of the most appealing features of this model is its valuable ‘ability’ to clean itself. Specifically, once you’ve done using this ionizer, it will clean itself by changing the polarity of its electrodes. You’ll never have to clean this thing again, thanks to this handy feature!
- Advanced Electroplate Technology: Durable, platinum coated titanium, energy-efficient; long-life;
- 7 Healthy Water Options: 1 non-ionized purified; 2 ionized; 4 ionized alkaline continuously variable
- It includes strong, active carbon water filters.
- Seven distinct water settings
- Platinum-coated titanium plates are used.
- Self-cleaning feature
- Some users have reported leakage issues.
- Some users have reported a strange taste in the water.
Another model from the Aqua-Ionizer Pro team is this alkaline water Ionizer pump, which features a powerful filter that can ionize and purify your water all year long! (Or before you need to replace the filter.)
So, the upper limit for filter change is 4,000 liters, which implies you could use this ionizer for a year without changing the filter. When its “lifetime” is over, you can replace it with a new filter from the manufacturer’s website and keep using this contraption to your heart’s (and palate’s) content!
Like the one mentioned above, this water ionizer allows you to choose from seven different water settings. These settings, among other things, allow you to ionize the water, add antioxidants, and make the water more or less alkaline. As a result, you can program this machine to generate either alkaline or acidic water, allowing you to use it for a wide range of applications.
Indeed, whether for washing, cooking, cosmetics, or simply drinking, you can use water that is at the right pH level on the pH scale.
Cooking, brewing coffee or tea, regular drinking, initial drinking, filtered water, cosmetics, or household cleaning are among the seven settings available.
- Happy, Healthy, And Hydrated: Alkaline water can help increase energy, detoxify the body, and hydrate.
- More Than Drinking Water: You can change the alkalinity and add antioxidants using the seven water settings.
- It has a powerful filter that only needs to be changed once every 4,000 liters
- It has seven different water settings to choose from
- It is FDA approved
- It has a detailed digital display
- Difficult to install
Do you want to buy a cutting-edge water ionizer that can convert ordinary water into some kind of high-quality alkaline beverage? If the answer is yes, one of these IONtech IT-757 water ionizing machines could be just what you’re looking for.
The mighty platinum titanium plates produced in Japan are responsible for making this machine as effective as possible at producing alkaline water. These plates will convert normal water to alkaline water as soon as you say “Jack Robinson,” so you’ll still have alkaline water on hand! (Or it may be acidic.) It depends on what you want to achieve.)
In terms of maintenance, the only thing you need to do with this model is clean its surface now and then. In terms of its bowels, this IntelGadgets device will pretty much take care of itself after each use, so you don’t have to think too much about it. Any time this computer is used, this process is restarted. To be exact, ten seconds after its last use, the automated software will restart and thoroughly clean this computer from the inside out. As a result, almost no maintenance is needed!
- Advanced Design And Interface: The Intelgadgets IONtech IT-757 advanced alkaline water ionizer features an extra-large 7-color LCD screen that displays details such as filter life, ORP, pH level, and more. Sleek silver-colored finish to match the kitchen, vibrant soft-touch selection buttons with helpful icons and descriptive labels.
- Multiple Filtration Functions: Removes contaminants and impurities from water such as chlorine, pesticides, dirt, salt, and other pollutants. A carbon fiber filter transforms normal water into alkaline drinking water, which is ideal for cooking, brewing coffee, sterilization, removing tough stains, and acidic cleaning water, which is ideal for brushing teeth, sunburn relief, and sanitizing. To avoid accidental ingestion of acidic water, the Safety Setting automatically changes to filtered drinking water.
- Activated carbon filter
- Powerful platinum-coated titanium plates from Japan
- 7-color LCD screen
- Automatic self-cleaning program
- Adjustable filter settings
- Some customers have reported about the inferior quality of the plastic parts (particularly the faucet)
- Some users have claimed that some parts were missing
This IONTech under sink alkaline water ionizer is a durable water-treating device that can transform your normal water into a liquid you would happily drink daily. It is designed to be lightweight and provide a wide range of acidity and alkalinity in the water.
Its design allows you to position it directly underneath your sink, so you won’t have to worry about it taking up too much valuable countertop space. If mounted, this device can provide you with continuously dispensed ionized water that you can use for drinking, cooking, cleaning, or any cosmetic routine you can follow regularly.
To make this system as flexible as possible, the people at IONTech ensured that it could produce water with six different pH levels. There are four alkaline levels, one acidic level, and one setting for filtered water if you don’t want your water to be alkalized or acidified. You simply choose between these six different types of water by pressing a button or two and after that pouring your choice water into a glass from the special faucet that comes with this deal.
Along with it, there is an automatic self-cleaning function that activates after each use, so you would not have to spend too much time cleaning. (You will just need to clean the filtration system’s outer layer – anything else is up to you.)
- Modern Design: This compact under sink alkaline water ionizer unit has a sleek, elegant dual-spout, one for alkaline and one for acidic water, as well as a soft-touch 5-button control panel and indicator lights.
- Thorough Filtration: The IonTech IT-750 purifies normal tap water by eliminating contaminants and pollutants such as chlorine, chlorine odor, pesticides, soil, and other impurities, resulting in delicious and clean drinking water. It also has a safety setting that reverts to everyday drinking water after each usage to prevent accidental ingestion of acidic water.
- Small under-sink design
- Six water pH levels
- After-use cleaning feature
- Dual countertop faucet
- Two-year warranty
- Some users have expressed dissatisfaction with the consistency of the secondary parts
- There is no instruction sheet included
With a reasonable pH range and a very appealing limited lifetime warranty, this alkaline water ionizer system by Bawell can meet the needs of any household – regardless of the number of people in the family. Add to that an aura that would impress someone with an eye for beauty. You may claim you have a gadget that will provide you with high-quality alkaline water while also improving the look of your kitchen.
When it comes to modes of operation, this thing has six different options. Three of them reflect alkaline levels, so you can select your water based on the level of alkalinity you want. On the other hand, the remaining three settings represent one acidic water setting, one filtered water setting, and, last but not least, a reset button with a change filter indicator.
In terms of style, this ionizer has an appealing appearance that will complement the other appliances in your kitchen well enough. However, there is one significant caveat: this model cannot be placed under the sink. It can only be set up by placing it on the countertop and connecting its bowels to the kitchen or bathroom faucet.
- A Limited Lifetime Warranty covers 1195 Water Ionizers.
- Alkaline Water Machine produces PH 3.2 to 10.0 and ORP +600 to -420
- Adjusting color display
- Six different water quality settings
- Filter replacement indicator
- Conveniently connects to the bathroom and kitchen faucets
- Lifetime warranty
- Some users have expressed dissatisfaction with the cheap plastic pieces.
- It cannot be put under a sink.
If you’re looking for a device that looks like an oversized MP3 player and can generate copious quantities of alkaline water, this model from Alkadrops could be just what you’re looking for. This Alkadrops has it all, with high-tech features including voice assistance, a large LED screen, and water temperature and pH value gauges. (By the way, the large display and voice feature make this model especially useful for older people.)
This model also includes CDC touch control technology, which allows you to quickly and easily select different choices from the control panel. Aside from this comfort, the Alkadrops team also ensured that the coils inside did not get too dirty over time. They accomplished this by incorporating a special self-cleaning feature which will cut down on the amount of maintenance required for this thing to a bare minimum. (Really, only the outer layers would need to be cleaned.)
The electrolyte-producing board is made in Japan of white gold, which coats the titanium base. This design ensures that your LED water ionizer can perform admirably and have a long life of continuous use.
- Extra-large dot matrix LED display with voice feature, ideal for older adults. Real-time monitoring of machine status, water temperature, displayed flow, ORP value, PH value, and so on, assisting users in selecting water correctly and simple to use.
- Built-in high-performance power supply system, suitable for various current voltages globally, constant voltage output and constant current, low power consumption but high efficiency, ensuring water quality is more stable, adequate, and energy-saving, automatic standby for energy savings
- pH value indicator
- Voice feature
- Large, easy-to-read monitor
- Indicator of water temperature
- Some consumers are dissatisfied with the condition of the connectors
- Some customers are dissatisfied with the pH level of the water
Factors to consider in choosing the best water ionizer machine
Number of plates
Simply put, the plates in a water ionizer are in charge of the ionizing phase, making them the most critical component of the entire apparatus. These plates are also the most costly component of the entire system. As a result, the more of them in a single water ionizer, the better it will perform.
A higher number of plates, of course, means a higher price tag, but with more plates, the water ionizer would provide improved water quality. In addition, with more plates onboard the ionizer, the water can be ionized faster.
Under sink vs. Countertop units
This second entry has to do with the ionizer’s positioning. The problem is that there are two main types of water ionizers available, each of which corresponds to the location in which it can be mounted. For instance, an under-sink unit is so named because it is mounted underneath your sink. The numerous pipes and hoses needed for the water to flow smoothly are connected to the special faucet on top, which you can only use to obtain ionized water.
The other kind is the countertop machine, which is, as the name implies, mounted on the counter (probably in your kitchen or anywhere else you plan to position it). It can then be used without any additional adjustments to the existing sink. The water will be delivered to you through a hose that comes directly from the device.
Putting together a water ionizer isn’t rocket science. Depending on the type of water-filtering device you have, you may need a little more work (installing an under-sink filter), or you may be able to get away with less work (as in the case of a countertop model). As a result, the installation specifics will be determined by the layout of your sink and the amount of work required to install the special faucet.
Overall, many of the manufacturers of these water ionizers provide instruction sheets with their models, so you won’t have to think too much about the installation process. Overall, it’s a pretty simple process, so you won’t have to worry about it too much.
How to use a water ionizer
Cleaning and skin care with acidic water
While most people purchase these ionizing water machines to reap the rewards of alkaline water, few are aware that these devices can also generate water for other purposes.
Indeed, several models on the market today provide their customers with various water types that their ionizing machines can produce. Aside from the obvious alkaline water, modes for filtered water without ionization or acidic water are often seen on the scale in front of the ionizer itself.
This is not a coincidence, of course, since acidic water can be used for various purposes. You can use it in washing and other hygienic activities and your makeup routine alongside other cosmetics. It’s also worth noting that, in addition to cosmetics and household object maintenance, acidic water is excellent for washing vegetables and other food products.
Alkaline water for drinking
Although acidic water can be used for cleaning, maintenance, and beauty, alkaline water is best for cooking and drinking. Of course, this is the primary function of an ionizing water device – to convert normal water into highly alkaline water.
Alkaline water is said to have the following advantages, among others:
- Improved cardiovascular system function
- Better taste than normal tap water
- Better hydration for the skin (when added to the skin, of course)
- Potentially creates an unhospitable atmosphere in the body that inhibits cancer growth (However, since this thesis has not yet been fully checked, you can never forego your primary cancer treatment in favor of treating this disease exclusively with alkaline water.)
How to tell whether a water ionizer needs to be cleaned
There are a few warning signs that your ionizing water machine needs to be cleaned. Here are the most important ones to know:
- During the electrolysis process, the water ionizer automatically shuts down. This most likely means that the system is aware that it cannot perform the function for which it was built, most likely due to a sediment buildup problem.
- The pH of your water begins to fall. The best performing water ionizers can generate water with a pH of 8 or 9, but it’s advisable to test your water pH using a pH testing kit when you feel your device is operating at peak performance. That way, if your pH begins to fall, you’ll know your system isn’t working as well.
- Water flow begins to slow, or the ionizer produces no water at all. If the water coming out of your faucet is becoming more of a trickle, there is something wrong. It’s most definitely an indication that your filters need to be changed.
- The taste of your water is unusual or not as good as it should be. This is yet another indication that your pH levels have fallen.
- There are no tiny hydrogen bubbles visible in your bath. There would be plenty of these tiny bubbles in alkalized water from a functioning water ionizer. Still, they may not be present at all in an alkalizer that is losing efficiency.
- The water ionizer no longer generates water with a negative OPR of -200 to -400. An OPR meter can be used to determine the OPR levels.
- There is a visible layer of limescale in the system’s valves, plates, and tubing, preventing the unit from functioning properly. Limescale is a common problem if you live in a region of, especially hard water.
Step by Step Instructions on How to Clean Your Water Ionizer After Use
#1. Unplug the Ionizer from the Electrical Unit.
First and foremost, when cleaning every appliance with wires and electricity in its bowels, make sure it is unplugged. Keep in mind that if electrical circuits and wires get wet, substantial harm to the system is unavoidable.
Not to mention that your protection could be jeopardized in such a case. So, switch off the lights and unplug the plug before moving on to phase 2.
#2. Fill a container of white vinegar.
Vinegar, in particular, can eat away at different forms of sediments, making it the ideal liquid for cleaning out a water ionizer. The goal with vinegar is to connect the ionizer’s inlet to a pump, which will then be fully submerged in vinegar.
The plan is to let the vinegar flow through the system, slowly dissolving the calcium accumulated along the way. This method will be sluggish, but it will work in the end. (Unless there’s a proper clog somewhere, in which case you’ll need to take care of that first.)
#3. Use the Fish Tank Pump to connect the Vinegar Container to the Ionizer (Or a Similar Pump machine)
Once the whole device has been properly installed and is ready to use, it will need anything to pass the vinegar into the ionizer system. This is where we talk about the fish tank pump. (It doesn’t have to be a fish tank pump; any small pump will suffice.)
First, plug the fish tank pump (or your preferred pump) into a power outlet and turn it on. Take care not to get the vital electrical components wet!
#4. Allow it to circulate for 2 – 12 hours.
This vinegar circulation must continue for at least two hours to thoroughly clean your ionizer. The amount of time you must keep this machine running is determined by the extent of dirtiness of the ionizer.
If you haven’t cleaned it in a long time, you might want to leave it for a little longer. (This can take up to 12 hours if the area is extremely dirty.)
#5 Reconnect the Ionizer to the Water Source.
After washing, reattach the ionizer and its tubing to resume normal operation. The only thing you need to remember is that once you’ve washed it, you can keep the water running for a while to remove the vinegar smell and taste.
How do water ionizers work?
Water ionizers, despite their high-tech appearance and tough-sounding components, are very simple devices. That is, their working principle is pretty straightforward.
So, here’s the deal. After you’ve plugged in your water ionizer, normal tap water flows into the water ionizer on the one hand. It then exits as either alkaline or acidic water down the other end. Ionization is the mechanism that occurs between these two points.
The operating principle of this method is straightforward: electricity flows through specialized plates that come into contact with water. The minerals in the water would be isolated due to this, with the more beneficial minerals remaining in the alkaline water. This water is then safe to drink, cook with, and use in other ways.
On the other side, residual acidic water may be used to disinfect items or as a cosmetic substitute.
Why do you need to install a water ionizer?
1. Water tastes better
Many proud owners of water ionizers believe that alkaline water is not only healthier for you than normal tap water, but it also tastes better. This is mostly due to the new liquid’s mineral content, which is free of impurities and toxic sediments.
2. Skin benefits
Using acidic or alkaline water to care for your skin, using ionized water has some obvious benefits. For instance, your skin would be smoother and more hydrated. Also, because of the antioxidants in the ionized water, the skin may appear younger, and certain wrinkles and minor imperfections can be eliminated.
3. Treating minor skin imperfections and sanitizing
Since most water ionizers today can create both alkaline and acidic water, you can use the acidic kind to treat minor skin wounds.
The thing is, apart from washing, acidic water can do wonders for healing boils, pimples, and other minor skin imperfections, including red spots caused by allergic reactions.
4. Cardiovascular system benefits
The numerous harmful particles typically found in water systems worldwide will slowly erode your cardiovascular system without you even realizing it.
To put a stop to this, begin by drinking alkaline water instead of normal water! Since alkaline water has an ideal pH level, you can be certain that your daily water consumption will not contribute to heart disease in the future.
5. Potential anticancer benefits
Even though a sizable portion of the water ionizer buying public believes that drinking alkaline water will aid cancer care, there is no clear evidence to back this up.
The underlying theory is that alkaline water can inhibit cancer cell growth because cancer cells flourish in an acidic environment. So, although alkaline water can not cure cancer on its own, it may aid in care. (This has yet to be proven though.)
How to install a water ionizer
Installing a water ionizer does not require much time or effort. There’s no need to call a handyman or plumber either. You’ll want to make sure you know precisely what to do, though, so you can get the most out of your machine from the start.
Installation instructions are included for all forms of water ionizers. Still, if you haven’t purchased a machine yet and want to know the procedure, we’ve included a more general step-by-step procedure that applies to the majority of ionizer devices. Once you’ve purchased an ionizer, be sure to read the installation manual.
If you have hardly any plumbing experience, the DIY installation guide should provide you with the required prior information.
- An adjustable wrench
- A faucet diverter
- Plumber’s tape
- Screwdriver and adapter
- Find a spot to keep your water ionizer. If you purchase an under-counter or countertop water ionizer, you must install it near your kitchen sink. Clear a room and make sure you have a nice permanent place for your water ionizer to rest.
- Switch off your water supply – It is safest to turn off your water supply when installing your water ionizer. You will normally find a lever for doing this under your kitchen sink. Turn the lever and then raise the faucet to avoid any pressure buildup in the pipes.
- Install your faucet diverter – Mount your faucet diverter to your faucet according to the directions in your user manual. This will allow you to run water through your ionizer machine anytime you want. If the threads do not fit the size of your faucet, you will also need to buy an adapter.
- Connect the ionizer unit – First, locate the metal tube and mount it to the appropriate position on your unit. Go back to the faucet and remove the aerator. Make sure the faucet diverter is correctly connected to the faucet. Then, wrap your plumber’s tape around the inlet elbow and secure it to the inlet at your ionizer unit with a screwdriver.
- Attach the ionizer to the faucet diverter – Carry the flexible plastic hose and connect one end to the inlet elbow and the other to the faucet diverter. Connect the final hose to the machine’s back, where the outlet hole is located.
- Connect to power – If you’re using an electric water ionizer, you’ll need to connect it to power. Plug your computer into the linked outlet and, if possible, turn it on at the wall.
- Turn on the water – Your water ionizer machine should already be mounted, so you won’t need to assemble the metal plates or filter yourself. All that remains is to turn on your water and switch on your faucet to direct water into your ionizing system.
You might be intimidated by the process of installing your water ionizer. Even so, the procedure is much easier to understand if you have your ionizer machine in front of you and a visual user manual and online video support. Overall, the installation process should take between half an hour and an hour to complete.
Dos and don’ts of water ionizer maintenance
If you plan to use your water ionizer safely for a long time, here are the top dos and don’ts for caring for your machine:
- Change your filters every six months to a year, depending on how often you need them. Filters will gradually get clogged with sediment, reducing their ability to eliminate pollutants as effectively. This puts the rest of your unit at risk, particularly if your water contains many pollutants. More information on changing your filters can be found in your user manual. Replace filters recommended by the manufacturer, and flush new filters under running cold water for at least 5 minutes before installing them in your system.
- Use a cleaning cartridge to eliminate mold and bacteria and clean out the interior of your unit, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Other cleaning protocols for your ionizer may be as recommended, and you should follow them as appropriate. If there are no specific instructions for cleaning your machine with a cartridge or another cleaning tool, contact your manufacturer.
- Wipe down the exterior of your computer at least every week to make sure it stays shiny and fresh. Typically, damp cloth or sponge followed by a dry cloth is all that is needed to clean the outer part of your ionizer effectively.
- Do not use any harsh household cleaners to clean the exterior of your ionizing pump. These could harm the machine’s finish and display screen. They can also cause the labels on the machine’s buttons to fade.
- Do not perform an internal cleaning until you have allotted enough time to complete the task fully and completely. If you want to prevent a buildup of mold and bacteria, which may affect the consistency of your alkalized water and even be harmful to your health, you must take your manual cleaning seriously.
- Never make up your water ionizer cleaning procedures. If you want your alkalized water to be safe to drink, you must always obey the manufacturer’s explicit instructions.
- Do not use any rough household cleaners to clean the exterior of your ionizing pump. These could harm the machine’s finish and display screen. They can also cause the labels on the machine’s buttons to fade.
- Do not perform an internal cleaning until you have allotted enough time to complete the task fully and completely. If you want to prevent a buildup of mold and bacteria, which may affect the consistency of your alkalized water and even be harmful to your health, you must take your manual cleaning seriously.
- Never create your cleaning procedures for a water ionizer. If you want your alkalized water to be safe to drink, you must always obey the manufacturer’s explicit instructions.
Frequently asked questions (faqs)
Q. Do water ionizers work?
The short answer to this question is ‘yes.’
As previously stated, despite their elaborate appearance, water ionizers operate on a very simple principle, and the ionization process is also rather effective.
So, as long as you conduct routine maintenance on the device you’re using, you can be certain that your water ionizer will function properly.
Q. What is the reason for the high cost of water ionizers?
Simply stated, water ionizers appear to be exorbitantly priced due to the ionizing plates.
These plates are frequently made of costly materials such as white gold, platinum, gold, and titanium, causing prices to skyrocket even though the machines themselves are very simple.
Q. Is it safe to drink alkaline water daily?
There is currently no limit to the amount of alkaline water you can consume every day.
However, if you aren’t used to drinking alkaline water daily, you may want to experiment with smaller amounts at first. You will gradually increase the amount you drink as you become more used to it.
Q. Is alkaline ionized water harmful to your health?
Alkaline water is not only safe to drink, but it also has a plethora of health benefits, including aiding in cancer treatment. (However, this has yet to be confirmed or properly researched.)
Alkaline water has many health-improving properties due to its optimal pH value, including a healthier cardiovascular system, healthy skin, and a healthier stomach.
Q. What are the advantages of drinking ionized water?
Given that ionized water is artificially alkaline water, their advantages are almost identical. You can make your alkaline water or purchase a high-quality alkaline water brand. However, while many benefits of ionized water are hypothesized, there are some compelling aspects.
One of the most persuasive advantages is that ionized water has antioxidant properties. As a result, you get an abundance of hydrated minerals with high antioxidant capacity.
At the same time, it is said that ionized water tastes better than normal water. However, we believe that this is a matter of personal choice since everybody has different interests.
Meanwhile, it is believed that ionized water has several skin benefits. This is also due to its antioxidant properties. Overall, ionized water is thought to boost immunity.
Q. What is the ph of alkaline water?
As the name implies, alkaline water has a higher pH than pure water. Pure water has a pH of about 7, while alkaline water has a pH of 8-9.
Q. How do i know if i can depend on a manufacturer?
Water ionizers are a significant investment, so it’s understandable if you’re reluctant to place your complete confidence in a product manufacturer. Generally, you can’t go wrong with an ionizer with a high rating and reviews, is a best-seller, and is NSF or WQA accredited. This means that not only do consumers enjoy a water ionizer enough to submit a positive online review, but a third-party water testing body has also confirmed that the machine does just as it claims.
Buy a water ionizer with a decent return policy and product warranty if you want even more peace of mind. This ensures that you can quickly substitute a product or part or get your money back if a water ionizer fails to meet your standards.
Final thoughts – Our recommendation
Overall, if you want to drink alkaline water, have access to both alkaline and acidic water, or experiment with the pH level of the water you use daily, a water ionizer is a perfect solution. Although they are very pricey and require a significant initial investment, they will last for years and provide you with nutritious, ionized water. (They even look great in the kitchen.) What isn’t to love?
Even if you want a personal recommendation from us, we recommend:
- Bawell Water Ionizers provide Acidic Water for cleaning and Alkaline Ionized Water for drinking, and they come with a Forever Lifetime Warranty.
Have a good time drinking pure water!