Due to modern industrialization, water quality isn’t just as great as before. As a result, water pollution has been a deep dilemma for humans and wildlife. It is truly heartbreaking!
Table Of Contents−
But just because this is the truth we have today, this does not mean there’s nothing we can do about our water consumption. Ways to work around this are through the following: installation of water filtering contraptions, usage of bottled water, or utilization of alkaline water filter pitchers.
For this article, we’ll tackle the best alkaline water filters to help keep our water clean and free from harmful chemicals!
To ensure potable water consumption is having it go through a water filtration system, and that’s exactly what an alkaline water pitcher is for. These pitcher filters out contaminants, sediments, particles, and impurities while converting your precious water into alkaline.
That’s shooting two birds with one stone, indeed! Plus, clean and alkaline water enhances the flavors of the drinks you make it with. That’s a major plus!
OUR TOP 3 PICKS
Alkaline water pitchers
The portability and size of these filtration systems make it pretty convenient too! Plus, their two-part filtration process makes them effective, and let’s not forget how this turns your water into alkaline!
So here are our top 10 Alkaline water pitchers you can buy today!
Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
- Hydrated You Is Happier You: Our filter not only lasts 3x longer than the competition but creates an unparalleled...
- Next-Level Filtration: Our third-party tested filter successfully removes 2000% more contaminants than the leading...
- Cleaner Water For a Cleaner World: We believe in keeping waste out of our landfills and oceans. That’s why all...
With its pleasing look and effective ‘beneath the bonnet’ water filter, Aquagear’s water filter may be a great run for your money. In addition, it is made of 100% BPA-free plastic, so you’re confident of its safety. Plus, it’s recyclable and FDA-approved!
To prove the efficiency and safety of this water filter, it has been tested in different Flint, Michigan facilities. It was found to exceed the NSF standards 42 and 53 to reduce contaminants. In addition, it can filter out up to 20x more contaminants than others, including fluoride, lead, chlorine, and chromium-6.
Each filter could filter up to a whopping 150 gallons of water! That’s 3x the capacity of most of its competitors. This means that this decreases the times you have to replace the filter, thus, saving you some cash in the long term.
- 5-stage filter with 2-micron pores
- A single filter can filter 150 gallons of water
- Lifetime warranty
- Great customer support
Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- SUPREME FAST FILTRATION: The fast adsorption speed and free flow design ensures extra fast and steady filtration,...
- DESIGNED FOR EFFICIENCY: This EHM Alkaline Water Pitcher is designed so that it is 100% user friendly and easy to...
While most alkaline pitchers only house a capacity of 2 liters, the Ehm alkaline pitcher can hold up to 3.5 liters. All this without consuming a lot of space! It can sit well in most refrigerators, and it does not take long to finish the water filtration. It takes around 5 minutes to filter up to 3.5 liters of water with its activated carbon filter. That’s some convenience out there!
It works so well that one of its possible downsides is that it makes the water so alkaline that not enough acid is left! In response to this problem, it is advised that water purified through this pitcher should be consumed either a couple of hours after eating or 30 minutes before a meal.
- Long lifespan for the filter
- Great tasting water
- Affordable filter replacement
- BPA-free plastic
Lake Industries 7000 Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- FRESH, INSTANTLY FILTERED ALKALINE WATER - Utilizes 7 stage cartridge consisting of ION EXCHANGE RESIN, TOURMALINE,...
- MANY BENEFITS OF DRINKING ALKALINE WATER - Removes Free radicals and Eliminates Toxins with powerful ANTIOXIDANTS,...
- ECONOMICAL & ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Eliminates Plastic bottles - PREMIUM (BPA FREE) FOOD GRADE AS & ABS...
A powerful filtration cartridge is the bread and butter of the Lake Industries 7000. It has a great design that gives a clear visual of what happens inside. It is made of BPA-free plastic, a food-grade build, and is a fully recyclable unit.
Its filter cartridge contains 7 levels of filtration, effectively eradicating all traces of zinc, copper, lead, and other unwanted substances. It claims to have a 90% removal capacity. The pitcher has an overall 2.5 liters of capacity. On the other end, the downside is that it can only filter around 40 gallons of water.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- 7 levels of filtration
- Easy-pour spout for spill-free pouring
- 90% filtration effectivity
pH Restore Alkaline Water Filter
- PITCHER FILTER FOR HIGH PH ALKALINE WATER - Made with premium quality BPA-free plastic, our ph Restore Alkaline...
- CONVENIENT, MODERN DESIGN, EASY TO USE - Built in a modern anti-slip design, our restore filter jug is safe,...
- HUGE FILTER CAPACITY AT A GREAT VALUE - Each pH Restore Alkaline water pitcher filter can filter up to 3.5 litres...
This alkaline water filter does remove not only harmful minerals but also adds healthy ones. This is the main selling point of this model. Thus, this provides you with an even healthier hydration experience. In addition, this pitcher is compact, making it a convenient addition to your refrigerator.
However, some question this product because the added minerals may increase pH levels and substances such as selenium and calcium, which can harm some individuals.
- Large 96-gallon capacity but compact
- It contains two micro net filters
- Adds healthy minerals
Hskyhan Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- FEATURES: large capacity, 10-cup pitcher, total filter content 3.5L, and 2.0L filtration. We provide two extra high...
- WATER FILTRATION FUNCTIONS: According to the source of water, 7-layer alkaline filtration makes water alkaline,...
- ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENT-PROTECTIV: our filter can purify 300 16-ounce plastic bottles of water. Pitchers save you...
Hskyhan alkaline 10-cup water filter pitcher also boasts of a 7-layer filtration process using two filters. This allows alkaline levels to even up, providing you with safe water to consume. It has a total filter content of 3.5L and a filtration of 2.0L.
It can remove fluoride, chlorine, lead, harmful metals, dirt, and others. The main filter has a lifespan of 150 liters, saving you some money in the long term. However, the secondary filter does not hold the same longevity as it can only last up to 40 gallons of filtration.
- Long lifespan of the main filter
- 7-layer filtration process
Reshape Water 10-Cup Pitcher
- REPLACEMENT FILTERS THAT COST 25% TO 33% LESS THAN THOSE USED BY COMPARABLE PITCHERS – COMPARE BEFORE YOU BUY....
- OUR FILTERS ARE BPA FREE & INDEPENDENTLY TESTED by a US-Based Laboratory, and SGS CERTIFIED. They remove or reduce...
- RAISE pH – Not just a water purifier, our mineral rich filters help strip away contaminants while adding in...
If you look at this design, you may think it’s quite normal. But, if you check most of the water filter pitchers in the market, they’re either white or blue. This one actually and surprisingly stands out! The replacement filters for this one also cost 25-35% less than other bands.
Each filter has a longevity of 75 days and a filter capacity of 300 liters. It is SGS-certified and can remove fluoride, chlorine, lead, and volatile organic compounds. But, other than that, it’s a simple water filter pitcher with an effective 6-stage filtration process. There are reports from users that water is not possible to consume while filtration is ongoing.
- Raises water pH
- Durable and long lifespan
- Easy to use
DRAGONN Alkaline Water Pitcher
- Unique Design - The slim pitcher easily fits in any refrigerator, and the lid lets you fill the reservoir without...
- Economical and Environmentally Friendly - Eliminates Plastic bottles - Premium (BPA Free) food grade with AS and...
- Many Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water - Removes Free radicals and Eliminates Toxins with powerful ANTIOXIDANTS,...
Contrary to the toughness of its name, the design of this water filter pitcher is pretty simple, with a handle that makes it easy for you to pour into smaller vessels and a BPA-free plastic build. It has a 7-stage filtration system, including ion exchange resin, tourmaline, carbon-based filter, and mineral balls. The filtration can remove up to 90% of the heavy metals, zinc, chlorine, copper, and other pollutants in water.
- Instant fresh alkaline water
- The complex 7-level filtration process
- Unique design
- Allows micro-clustering of water molecules
Santevia Water Systems Alkaline Water Pitcher
- Comes with 1 filter included
- Produces mineralized, alkaline water as recommended by the World Health Organization
- Each filter produces 1,250 8oz glasses - DOUBLE the amount of most pitcher filters.
Available in white, blue, and black, the Santevia water pitcher holds a thoughtful and ergonomic design. In addition, it has a timer that lets you know when it’s time to replace your filters. Once the time is close to running out, get your new filter ASAP!
The Santevia filter does the following: filter water, improve the taste, add essential minerals, and increase your water’s pH level.
- 2.1L capacity
- Filter change timer
- Increases pH level
- Easy-to-fill lid
BIOCERA Alkaline Antioxidant Water Filter
- BEST GIFT EVER：Give your family and Friends the gift of BIO CERA Alkaline Antioxidant Water Filter Pitcher today!...
- IONIZED WATER, REMINERALIZED WATER: BIO CERA Alkaline Antioxidant Water Filter Pitcher ionizes your tap water...
- SAFE WATER WITH CERTIFIED SAFE MATERIAL: BIO CERA Water Pitcher filter is made with Biocera Ceramic ball. Biocera...
BIOCERA’s alkaline water filter pitcher is a great addition to any kitchen because of its elegant look. The pitcher’s body is made of Tritan, clear material, and a blend of plastic and glass. Take note that they only utilized BPA-free plastic. Additionally, it increases your water’s pH, hydrogen, and mineral levels while decreasing cluster sizes of water molecules. It comes with 2 free cartridges too!
- Made of Tritan
- Filter comes with ceramic balls which release minerals
- Raises pH level of water
Wamery Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- 🚰 STOP DRINKING CONTAMINATED WATER: Contaminated tap water causes a host of devastating illnesses in America's...
- 💧 START A HEALTHY LIFE TODAY: Wamery alkaline water pitcher filter system may increase alkalinity water pH level...
- 💙 BENEFITS OF DRIKING ALKALINE WATER: With alkaline water you can make alkaline ice cubes to regulate the pH of...
This 8-cup water filter pitcher is simple, portable, and straightforward. The materials for this build all passed the NSF and ANSI standards to ensure their quality. A filter has a filtration capacity of 43 gallons, and with moderate use, a single filter can last about a month or two. It effectively removes zinc, chlorine, mercury, lead, and cadmium.
- 43-gallon filtration capacity
- Raises pH level
- Easy to use and simple
Benefits of an alkaline water pitcher
Through the water filtration system, typically in the form of activated carbon or ceramic filters, water gets stripped of harmful substances.
Raises pH levels
Consuming alkaline water does wonder for our body and overall health!
The convenience of alkaline water filter pitchers is owed to their small size and portability. It is easy to carry around and does not take up a lot of space while keeping your water clean.
Since having your tap water cleansed by these pitchers, you won’t have to keep stocking up on bottled water. This helps the environment tremendously!
Smaller water clusters
Alkaline water causes water clusters to be smaller than that of regular water. Since the clusters are smaller, they can easily penetrate through the membrane of the cells. This eliminates bloated and stuffed sensations.
Investing in a water filter pitcher saves money over time since you won’t have to keep on purchasing bottled water and water gallons.
The main downside of a water filter pitcher is the limitations peruse. First, of course, every filter pitcher can only filter so much, and some models take a longer time than others. In addition, most of these pitchers can house only up to 10 cups. Thus, refilling may be a hassle, especially if you have a huge household.
What are the benefits of using water filters when it comes to our health?
- Eliminates chlorine
- Reduces or removes lead and other harmful chemicals
- Decreases risk of diseases caused by harmful types of plastic
How does it work?
This 2-in-1 portable solution to your water problems comes with a filter media typically made of ceramic or carbon. This filters out unwanted chemicals and pollutants to leave you with some clean water.
Additionally, the water pitcher injects alkaline minerals into your water to convert it. The amount of minerals in your water also dictates how much alkalinity your water will have. Hard water contains high mineral content, and the alkaline water pitcher simply converts these minerals into alkaline mineral hydrates.
Different types of Alkaline water filters
This section covers the different types of alkaline water pitchers to give you a better understanding of this appliance.
The alkaline water filtration system
This type typically comes with alkaline water cartridges and a reverse osmosis system to give you safe-to-drink water. First, contaminants are eradicated by the reverse osmosis system. After which, the filtered water flows through the alkaline cartridges to improve water quality.
Countertop alkaline water filters
Generally, there are a couple of types of countertop alkaline water filters:
- One that allows a straight connection from the filter to the sink faucet
- Another one that you can just put on your countertop
These are easy to install and use. Thus, they win in convenience. However, they are less effective too.
Cheaper water filter pitchers may only be able to remove odor and chlorine. Better models may come at a higher price and can remove more contaminants. Check the type of water you have to help you decide what pitcher you need.
Capacity is almost always defined in cups, so keep in mind that a cup equals 0.24 liters. Consider the size of your household to decide better which one to get.
A great-looking pitcher is always a great addition to any household, but the size should also be considered. Make sure that it will fit right inside your refrigerator.
Having to replace filters all the time may be counterproductive. It’s best to have a pitcher that has filters with decent longevity. I think replacing filters once every 2 months is a great place to be in.
It has been proven that BPA is associated with possible brain problems and other diseases such as cancer. Thus, it’s best to look for BPA-free plastic builds.
If you want to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the pitcher, you may check if it’s WQA- and NSF-certified. This ensures that the filter pitcher provides basic protection at the very least.
Some pitchers have an indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filter. This feature is great, so you can always ensure maximum function from your filter pitcher.
Pitchers can maintain different pH levels depending on the unit. For example, some can maintain a pH level of 7 or 8, and others can do 9 and above.
Cost of filter replacement
Before purchasing any pitcher, make sure to find out the cost of replacing the filters. A pitcher may be affordable, yet it costs a lot to replace the filters. Be wise!
The most common filter media are ceramic, activated carbon, or ion exchange resins. The contaminants that can be removed by the pitcher largely depend on the type of filter used.
Alkaline water and cancer
The notion that alkaline water can benefit cancer patients was derived from the fact that cancer cells are known to grow in acidic environments and shrink in alkaline. Although this makes sense, alkaline water’s benefits to cancer patients are yet to be clinically proven, so never use alkaline water as a treatment. Plus, too much alkaline water has health risks you may want to check! Some of these are possible indigestion and stomach ulcers.
What are the benefits of alkaline water?
- Neutralize acidity in the body preventing stomach problems
- It contains healthy minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium
How to make alkaline water?
- Method 1: attach an alkaline water filter to your faucet; everything that gets filtered is alkaline water.
- Method 2: use an alkaline water pitcher!
- Method 3: add ½ tablespoon of baking soda to a gallon of water and mix!
Are reverse osmosis filters better than alkaline filters found in pitchers?
The quick answer is: NO. The two types of filters serve opposite purposes. Reverse osmosis filters function to decrease pH levels by filtering essential minerals. On the other hand, alkaline filters raise pH levels.
Is drinking alkaline water safe for pregnant women?
Yes! Alkaline water should be helpful since pregnancy causes increased acidity. Alkaline water can help neutralize this.
Can children consume alkaline water?
Yes, it even helps them build immunity by reducing the presence of free radicals.
When to not consume alkaline water?
Drinking alkaline water should be safe in moderation unless you’re suffering from alkalosis.
Now that you’re equipped with additional knowledge regarding water filter pitchers do some more research to discover which one will work best for you and your household! We drink water daily and throughout the day, so investing in a cleaner one is always worth it.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2022-12-07
Self assessed Germaphobe, specializing in everything water, water filters, health and nutrition. Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I've acquired immense amount of knowledge when it comes to natural, biology, and everything about human anatomy.