Water in the natural environment is typically contaminated with a wide range of chemical and biological pollutants. When water is extracted from its natural environment and utilized for drinking water, such as well water, it must be free of organisms that can cause illness. Coliform bacteria are one of the most frequent drinking water pollutants, particularly in rural water systems.
Coliform bacteria removal water filters
HQUA Ultraviolet Sanitizer
Ultraviolet Water Sterilizers Systems
- 40W 12GPM unit, 37.2*2.5 in stainless steel chamber, 3/4” (DH20, OD 1.05 inch, 26.67cm) MNPT inlet/outlet.
- Easy installation, No plumber needed. Horizontal installation and metal connector for the inlet/outlet is recommended.
- NO CHLORINE, Chemical Free and Environmentally Friendly. No change at taste, color, odor, PH.
- Safety and Reliable, 304 stainless steel and Quartz glass are proved to be reliable in different temperature, pressure, pH. And the only materials that will contact with your water.
This clever device sterilizes water without the use of chemicals or pressure tanks.
Bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and algae parasites are killed as the water passes past the rod outfitted with a UV ray.
Before they reach the drinking water, 99 percent of bacteria are killed. The remaining 1% that aren’t killed have their DNA altered by the light, making them unable to multiply and infect your drinking water as it travels through the pipes.
Express Water ROALKUV10M UV Water Filtration
Reverse osmosis systems
- Reverse Osmosis Water Filter: Experience what water should taste like with the Express Water reverse osmosis water filtration system removing up to 99. 99% of Lead, Chlorine, Fluoride, Nitrates, Calcium, Arsenic, Bacteria, and more
- UV Water Purification System: Powerful UV Sterilization eliminates microorganisms like coliform, E. Coli, viruses, bacteria, microorganisms, and more from your drinking water
- Alkaline Water Filter: Alkaline Filtration System with Active Mineral Technology adds Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, and other minerals to your body needs right in your water
- Under Sink Water Filter: Don’t waste money on professional installation. Express Water’s quick and easy-to-understand design means you can install and understand everything about your new water filtration system
- Quality : Rest easy with our 1-year on all Express Water Reverse Osmosis Water Systems
This is one of the most dependable water purification systems I’ve ever seen. Most water filters I’ve seen only have up to six stages. This unit contains eleven ingredients that provide modern families with the safest, purest, and cleanest water possible.
I like how this system combines reverse osmosis and UV light. The coliforms and other disease-causing organisms are killed by ultraviolet light, while the RO element seals them within a chamber. Never again will one have to be concerned about TDS, medicines, new pollutants, and other chemicals in water.
One disadvantage of a RO system is that it eliminates everything, even beneficial minerals. I am pleased with what the manufacturer has provided in this unit. Its alkalizing element adds healthful components to drinking water, making it enjoyable for everyone.
I really like the extra faucet, which has a flow rate of 0.8 gallons per minute. Its leak detection technology is also a plus, sparing households the trouble of regularly monitoring the integrity of their water treatment system.
Aquasana Rhino 5 stage filter
Whole House Multistage
- Clean, Great Tasting Water From Every Tap In Your Home - Removes 97% of chlorine, 99. 9% of viruses and bacteria and reduces harmful contaminants like lead, mercury, herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, and more
- High-Performance Filter System - Carbon & KDF filtration media combined with UV purifier and Scale Control Media (SCM) salt-free technology engineered to maximize contaminant reduction while leaving healthy minerals in your water. This system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Cost Efficient & Long Lasting - Clean water for less than $0. 01 a gallon - Save twice as much compared to other brands on purified water for 1 million gallons or 10 years
- Easy Maintenance - No draining or back flushing needed - Easily replace pre and post filters every 2 months for best filtration and flow rate
- Top-Grade Install Kit & Components - System includes filter tank, conditioner tank, UV filter, 20" pre-filter, post-filter, brass fittings for 1'' or 3/4'' pipes, bend supports, and shut-off valves – Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
This filter with UV is the best and most efficient whole-house filter that does not employ reverse osmosis. It contains a pre-separation system that removes silt and sediment that can damage your appliances.
The middle stages will purify your water without removing beneficial minerals and prevent bacteria growth within the filter. Then, a UV filter destroys any bacteria or other VOCs that may have survived the previous stages
Berkey gravity-fed countertop filters
Gravity Fed Filters for Coliform Bacteria
- 2.25 GALLON CAPACITY- The portable Big Berkey Purification System effortlessly purifies water for about 1-4 people each day. Add additional Black Berkey Purification Elements (the Big Berkey System can hold a maximum of four) to increase the flow rate. The system is just 19.25” tall and 8.5” in diameter.
- POWERFUL PURIFICATION- Berkey systems equipped with Black Berkey Purification Elements purify water—not just filter it—by addressing over 200+ contaminants in tap water or raw, untreated freshwater sources like ponds, rivers and streams.
- ECONOMICAL, LONG-LASTING- A pair of Black Berkey Purification Elements lasts for up to 6,000 gallons before needing replacement. Each additional pair of elements (sold separately) adds an additional 6,000 gallons of purification power to your system. Black Berkey Purification Elements average just 2 cents per gallon of purified water.
- INDEPENDENT TESTING- Berkey by NMCL uses several independent third-party labs to test a broad range of potential contaminants and conducts Extreme Testing for lead and PFCs in order to show the effectiveness of our Black Berkey Purification Elements.
- DRINK CONFIDENTLY VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE- No electricity, tools or plumbing required. Travel the world, prepare for emergencies, and take control of your family’s everyday drinking water with your Berkey gravity-fed water filtration system with Black Berkey purification elements. Enjoy delicious, nourishing water from the leader in gravity-fed water solutions.
The gravity-fed filter by Berkey, which stands on a counter and filters water through several media types, is probably the most basic technology. You can eliminate coliform bacteria and heavy metals, medicines, pesticides, fluoride, arsenic, and many other contaminants.
They do not require any installation or power. Pour the water into the top and allow it to filter down to the spout, from which you may fill your glass or pitcher. This is the best option if you lose electricity because it can be used completely off the grid.
Ceramic filters can remove silt, germs, and other organic microbes from your water. It can filter down to.5 microns while still allowing vital trace minerals to pass through.
Activated carbon is the next level. The charcoal absorbs volatile organic compounds (VOCs), chloramine, chlorine, and chemicals, allowing the water to pass through.
Finally, a nanometal similar to silver is used to eliminate heavy metals and prevent bacteria from multiplying that may have gotten through the ceramic layer.
Aquasana clean water machine
- Powered Active Filtration - obsessively engineered to force unfiltered water through an ultra-dense filter block for clean, great-tasting water.Normal operating sound: 80 decibels
- Reduces 96% of 77 harmful contaminants including lead, mercury, asbestos, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, chlorine, and more
- Full system NSF Certified to standards 42, 53, and 401 +P473 and BPA free - will not leach contaminants back into your water
- Hydration on demand - instant access to healthy water available at the touch of a button - 1/2 gallon per minute to keep you hydrated all day long
- Longest lasting filter - 8x the capacity of the leading gravity based pitcher gives you the most healthy water for the lowest cost
The Aquasana Clean Water Machine is another countertop filter that functions similarly to a gravity-fed filter but significantly better.
It is significantly more adaptable than a standard gravity filter. To start with, the water filters significantly faster. You get 0.5 gallons per minute with this filter, so your pitcher is filled in less than a minute. And you can watch it fill up on its own.
Another advantage is that it runs on electricity, making it considerably more efficient. It plugs into any kitchen socket and requires no installation.
This is also extremely versatile. It takes up a fraction of the space of a Berkey filter, and the pitcher can be removed and stored in the fridge. If you prefer having a dispenser on the counter, you can do so as well.
Aquasana clean water machine
- FILTERED WATER DISPENSER FOR REFRIGERATOR: This large water filtration Dispenser for refrigerator is easy to pour and refill. This space efficient dispenser fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves or countertop and is great for families. This Nanofiber water purifier pitcher with filter will keep your family drinking clearly filtered water for years to come. Rigorously tested against NSF/ANSI standards 42, 53, 401, P231, and P473 | Countertop water filter dispenser includes 1 Nano filter.
- WELL WATER FILTERS: Virus Water Filter: Made in USA Filter designed to remove virus, bacteria, cysts Chlorine Water Filter: Tested to remove chlorine Lead Water Filter: Tested to remove lead PFAS Water Filter: Removes the Forever Chemical PFOA PFOS PFC 1,4-Dioxane Water Filter: Tested for the removal of 1,4-Dioxane in drinking water Haloacetic acids (HAAs) Water Filter: Tested for the removal of Haloacetic acids Microplastics Water Filter: Tested to remove microplastic
- WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM: Proprietary American made nanofiber media remove 2000% more contaminants than the leading Water Filter Pitcher including Total Trihalomethanes, Chromium 6, Arsenic, Fluoride and much more. Proprietary Nanofiber tap water filter protects you and your family from contaminants that other filters miss. Smart filter media keeps healthy trace minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water, which a reverse osmosis system will strip out.
- The Nano Dispenser also comes with a LED timer, which counts down from 90 days, integrated into the lid that reminds you when it is time to change the filter. Never again will you have to guess about your filter. Got well water? Want to remove both bacteria and virus? Then, this is the pitcher for you...
- WATER PURIFIER PITCHER WITH FILTER: Each premium quality gravity water filter produces 150 gallons of fresh, contaminant-free drinking water (lasting 4 times longer than the leading water filter pitcher. Remove 99.999% of all tap water contaminants. | 100% BPA-free, 100% Approved Food Grade Materials, 100% Recyclable, 100% Vegan. 0% Pretentious, Kids call it "Next Level" in Spanish they say, Filtros de Agua Para la Cocina,Filtros de Agua, Purificador de Agua
The Epic Nano is a small, portable coliform filter that employs gravity filtering to remove 99.999 percent of over 200 common drinking water pollutants. The Epic Nano is a wonderful alternative if you have a limited budget or want the convenience of a filter that requires little setup and can be taken with you on the move.
The Epic Nano filters away bacteria such as E-Coli, Legionella Pneumophila, Hepatitis A, and Salmonella, as well as viruses and cysts such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. The filter also removes heavy metals such as lead, pesticides and herbicides, chlorine, and other contaminants.
The Epic Nano has a very average filter lifespan for a countertop gravity filter, lasting 150 gallons or 3 to 4 months. It has a capacity of half a gallon and is made of clear, BPA-free plastic.
Aquasana clean water machine
- NOW WITH GLASS WATER JUG / CATCHER
- Automatic shut-off after one gallon cycle
- Stainless steel condenser - not aluminum
- Distillate Capacity: 1 Gallon in 4 hours, up to 6 gallons in 24 hours
- Manufacturers 1 Year Limited Warranty
The Waterwise 4000 is one of the most successful distillers for removing contamination-causing organisms such as viruses and coliforms. While UV disinfection destroys coliforms and filtering systems minimize them, distillers like the Waterwise merely heat water to boiling temperature, causing it to evaporate and leaving coliforms in the boiling chamber.
There are multiple steps of distillation, but you don’t need to understand them all to enjoy the Waterwise 4000. Simply pour well or city water into the boiling chamber from your faucet, click “start,” and leave the machine to do its thing.
When water evaporates in this distiller, it flows through a tube and into the glass water collector, where it condenses and forms water droplets once more. Most pathogens that cause pollution in wells and other water sources, including coliform bacteria, are unable to take on a gaseous form. This implies that the coliform bacteria remain on the surface of the boiling chamber and can be rinsed away after the distillation process is finished.
The Waterwise 4000 can produce 1 gallon of 100 percent steam distilled water in 4 hours, which is very decent if you’ve done your study on distillers. It not only removes E-Coli fecal coliform bacteria from water, but it also removes practically every other contaminant particle in water because most of them cannot take on a gaseous form.
What are coliform bacteria?
Coliform bacteria are a group of 16 bacterium species that are used to determine the quality of water. These species are divided into three categories: total coliforms, fecal coliforms, and E. coli.
- Total coliform is a catch-all term for the germs that are tested for coliform testing. The presence of total coliform shows that soil, plants, or animals have contaminated your water source. However, total coliform is not always hazardous. The majority of coliform species do not affect human health. On the other hand, total coliform is a warning indicator that other disease-causing organisms may contaminate your water supply.
- Fecal coliforms are a subset of coliforms in general. In general, these coliform bacteria are found in the feces of warm-blooded animals, including humans. Fecal coliforms can reach your water supply via a failed septic system or runoff water contaminated by livestock or crops. If your water includes fecal coliforms, you should switch to bottled water very away. Fecal coliforms may not always indicate the presence of dangerous infections, but they do indicate a significant risk.
- E. coli is the most reliable indicator of waterborne illness contamination. As a result, if your water includes E. coli, you should immediately switch to bottled water. This species of coliform bacterium, scientifically known as Escherichia coli, is normally harmless, except for a few dangerous strains. Infection symptoms include cramps, abrupt and severe diarrhea, tiredness, and fever. Anemia, urinary tract infections, respiratory sickness, pneumonia, kidney failure, and death are possible consequences.
How do coliform bacteria get into a water supply?
Coliform bacteria are usually found in surface water sources such as lakes, rivers, ponds, streams, and wells. Coliform bacteria are frequently introduced into surface water sources when rains wash animal excrement into the water. Cattle and other livestock may defecate directly into minor streams that flow into larger rivers and lakes. When human sewage treatment systems fail to disinfect the sewage before it is discharged adequately, coliform bacteria are sometimes spilled into natural rivers.
Coliform bacteria can enter a well water supply in a variety of ways. Rainwater may wash animal feces into a well if a good cap is below the surface level. If a good casing is cracked or the well was built incorrectly, contaminated groundwater may enter the well below the surface level. When the casing is damaged or a septic system weeping bed is too close to the well, very high coliform levels may be detected in the water.
Is coliform bacteria harmful to my health?
Several coliform bacteria are capable of causing sickness in humans. E. coli is a good example of this. The presence of coliform bacteria indicates fecal contamination of the water supply, which could indicate other, more harmful species like intestinal parasites.
How are coliform bacteria identified?
A coliform bacteria test is fairly simple to get in North America, and it is often provided for free or at a low cost in many countries. After running the water in the house for a few minutes, a sample of water is collected and placed in a particular container containing a bacterial preservative. This sample is then immediately transported to the laboratory. The sample is placed in a petri dish with bacteria food. This petri dish is then kept at a warm temperature to encourage the rapid growth of the bacteria. A big colony will now exist wherever a single microbe was previously present. These colonies have been counted. A coliform bacteria test results are typically presented as CFU/100ml, which translates to “colony forming units per 100 milliliters.”
- ☑️ GET COMPLETE PEACE OF MIND - Wells can easily become contaminated, putting you and your family at risk of illness. The only way to truly know your water is safe to drink, is of course through regular testing.
- ☑️ GET RESULTS AT HOME IN 48 HOURS - Just follow the simple instructions and you’ll have the test set up in minutes. You can then find out if your water contains coliform bacteria (including E. coli) within 48 hours.
- ☑️ EPA-APPROVED QUALITY STANDARDS - If you use a private well, your water is not regulated by the EPA. With this test, though, you can check for bacteria according to official EPA standards, using a testing method they approve of.
- ☑️ NO MAILING OR INSPECTIONS NEEDED - This test kit allows you to test at home, saving you the time, hassle, and money that other testing methods involve. Sending off to a lab to test can even cost upwards of 5 times the price.
- ☑️ ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED - You can always count on our team of water-testing experts, with more than 30 years of industry experience. If you have any questions at all, you’re more than welcome to fire away. We’re here to help!
How much coliform bacteria should be in my water?
The answer to this question is – absolute zero. However, the number of coliform bacteria allowed in drinking water differs by jurisdiction. Water is considered safe in some parts of North America if it contains fewer than 5 CFU/100mL. As can be seen here, the US Environmental Protection Agency has a maximum contamination limit of zero for coliform bacteria.
How do I get coliform bacteria out of my drinking water?
There are various methods for removing bacteria from your water, including coliform. A UV System is the easiest, most cost-effective, and most successful option for a household to safeguard their water supply from harmful microorganisms. A UV system consists of a metal cylinder containing a UV lamp. Water passes through the steel chamber, exposing any bacteria to intense levels of UV light. This radiation destroys the germs, rendering them inert.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-10-15