If you live in an area with hard water, you may have noticed that your skin feels drier after a shower and that your hair has more tangles than usual. Hard water can be harsh on your skin and hair because it contains high levels of calcium and magnesium.
Table Of Contents−
- Best citric acid water softener
- 1. Nuvoh2o home water softener system
- 2. Eddy ed6002p-us electronic water descaler
- 3. Purrite shower filter & water softener
- 4. Life ionizer water filter cleaning cartridge for acid
- 5. Aqua Eva 15-stage shower filter
- 6. Hansing hsfp-20in-¾ whole house water softener
- 7. Springwell futuresoft water softener
- What is a citric acid water softener?
- Pros & cons of citric acid water conditioner
- What to consider when buying a citric acid water softener
Citric acid is a natural compound in many fruits like oranges, lemons, and limes. It’s also a common active ingredient in home water softeners. As we explain below, citric acid has several useful properties that make it ideal as an additive in water treatment devices.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of using a citric acid softener to treat the hardness of your water and the different types available on the market today.
Best citric acid water softener
Any contemporary home can benefit greatly from conventional salt-based water softeners, but they often have some significant downsides. Choose the best citric acid water softener for your house if you want a hassle-free system that doesn’t rely on salt bags.
The best citric acid water softener removes other minerals from your water than calcium and magnesium. Additionally, it adjusts the pH of the water to lessen skin dryness and itchiness.
1. Nuvoh2o home water softener system
- The Home Water Softener System is ideal for homes that are less than 1,500 sq. ft. and experience hard water on...
- Prevents hard water scale buildup. Removes existing hard water scale. Compact design - fits almost anywhere. Simple...
- Developed from 30+ years of commercial experience. Extends the life of your water heater, plumbing fixtures, and...
Homes with problems with hard water might consider the NuvoH2O Home Water Softener System. Due to its eco-friendly design and easy maintenance, the system has received nothing but praise from those who have installed it.
The entire house benefits greatly from this water softener. It is intended for bigger, one to two-family homes up to 2,000 square feet. The device is small in size and can fit practically anywhere because of this.
It has a lower environmental effect because it doesn’t waste water and doesn’t need power or salt. It is a fantastic choice for those who wish to go green. The advantages of clean, soft water are also something you can appreciate. This system keeps the essential minerals we need while removing scale buildup and hardness.
It is an appliance with CitraCharge technology. The system is designed as an innovative, all-natural replacement for salt-based water softeners. Additionally, it is 98% effective at preventing scale buildup and removing deposits from faucets and pipes.
For optimal function, it is also advised to change the system’s cartridge every six months or after it has used up its maximum of 20,000 gallons.
2. Eddy ed6002p-us electronic water descaler
- No salt alternative to a water softener. Emulates softened water without changing your water hardness. Retains...
- Made in BRITAIN. 12 month 100% "no quibble" Money-Back Guarantee + Lifetime Repair or Replace warranty.
- Easy customer installation on metal or plastic pipes. Helps prevent build-up of lime scale and dissolve existing...
Take into consideration this water descaler that is eco-friendly. It serves as a salt-free substitute for the usual salt-based water softener. This means no toxic salt or wastewater that might affect the ecology. Additionally, it keeps beneficial minerals in your water supply, so you can benefit from them and see changes in your skin and hair.
The whole water system may be descalked with this device. It can prevent limescale buildup and dissolve and remove any existing deposits. Your plumbing pipes will be preserved, and it will improve their performance. Additionally, it will prevent scaling on your shower, faucets, and sink.
You can install the device. The system is easy to set up using metal or plastic pipes. Standard cables are provided in the kit for pipes 1.5 inches in diameter.
3. Purrite shower filter & water softener
- ✔ Filtration & Purification: Removes heavy metals, odors, chlorine, sulfur, odors, rust, sediments, and more,...
- ✔ Vitalize Skin & Hair Health: Reduce dry itchy skin & irritated blotchy skin due to eczema. Reduce asthma,...
- ✔ Unique 15 Stage Process: Elements like Vitamin C, Calcium Sulfite, KDF 55, Nano Silver, and others combined...
Showering with hard water can be rather uncomfortable. You may upgrade your showerhead with the PurRite Shower Filter if you are already tired of taking showers in this manner.
This product is small and easy to attach to your showerhead. There’s no need for an expensive tool or a lot of plumbing knowledge.
A 15-stage filtration-purification system that treats your water in many ways is housed inside this compact device. It removes everything undesirable that can harden the water and reduce how pleasurable a shower would be.
The same filtering process removes smells and other pollutants like chlorine and heavy metals. The shower water is drinkable because of its incredible capacity to remove water contaminants.
The water is also given a vitamin C boost. The system raises the pH by keeping healthy minerals in the water, gently alkalinizing it. The combination of raised pH and vitamin C is great news for those looking for a healthier way to shower.
4. Life ionizer water filter cleaning cartridge for acid
- Keep your Ionizer running at peak performance with regular uses of our citric acid cleaning cartridges
- Utilizing a proprietary citric acid cleaning compound, remove hard-water buildup from your plates, chamber, and...
- Recommended to clean your Ionizer at least 3 times a year at regular intervals (every 4 months)
Your water purification system also needs to be cleaned. Look into the citric acid water filter cartridge from Life Ionizer to take care of your water softener and keep it in good working order.
They have this cleaning cartridge to maintain your Ionize device in top shape. Depending on whatever occurs first, this replacement filter has a lifespan of up to 12 months or 1000 gallons. You only need to clean the plates twice a year at regular intervals, depending on how often you use the water filter unit and the number of minerals in your water supply.
It’s easier than you may seem to set up and replace the filter on your unit with this product. It only has to be inserted into the filter system to function. The combination of copper and high-purity zinc significantly reduces heavy metals in your water. After the treatment, you’ll notice hardly traceable organic compounds.
5. Aqua Eva 15-stage shower filter
- HEALTH CARE SHOWER SYSTEM: Our top-rated showerhead is composed of premium METAL, and internal filter cartridge...
- WATER PURIFIER: Reduces chlorine, heavy metals, rust, sand and other sediments.
- REVITALIZING BODY: KDF 55, Alkaline Ceramic Balls, Activated carbon, Calcium Sulfite and other filtering materials...
The Aqua Eva is a stylish combo filtration system ideal for the modern bathroom. Citric acid’s water-softening properties are combined with a typical carbon block KDF filter’s ability to remove water contaminants.
This product can be a fantastic tool for cleaning and softening your water because it has 15 stages of filtration. It can remove unpleasant smells from heavy metals, sediments, fluoride, chloramine, and other water pollutants. You not only get to enjoy safe water, but you also preserve your water fixture from limescale.
It combines water softener, filter, and purifier with citric acid since one of the 15 filter layers includes vitamin C. You won’t need to be concerned about hair follicle damage because it softens and smoothes your hair.
This water filter and softener combo’s installation is extremely simple.
6. Hansing hsfp-20in-¾ whole house water softener
- Water softener alternative uses 3/4" FNPT Stainless Steel threaded, the treated water with no added sodium and...
- The water descaler element made from fruits polysaccharide and coconut activated carbon. It's healthier without any...
- Adopt radial flow design with a 0.2 micron pleated filter, it enabled the filtering area to reached 970 sq.in, test...
This alternative water softener has a 280,000-grain capacity. It makes use of purified water devoid of salt and phosphorus additives. Up to 95% to 98% of this unit’s components are effective. Routine maintenance is lessened, with no need for programming, salting, or fouling to start rolling.
This water filter’s descaler component contains fruit polysaccharides and activated carbon. As a consequence, the water is healthier and free of harmful contaminants. While keeping minerals, it prevents scaling, gets rid of undesirable tastes and odors, and removes 95% of the chlorine.
A 0.2-micron pleated filter, far superior to other standard filters available on the market, is part of the system’s innovative flow design. This addresses the clogging and pressure issues some customers face after installing a water softener unit. Additionally, it features a 970-square-inch filtration area and a sevenfold increased anti-clogging capacity.
7. Springwell futuresoft water softener
- Cleans existing scale
- Environmentally friendly
- No Electricity Needed
The water produced by this ecologically friendly water softener has one of the best tastes. Because it filters up to 99% of impurities, including chlorine, this is possible. Safe, odorless drinking water is available for the entire family.
You don’t have to worry about scaling because this system removes the chemicals in your pipes and other appliances. Longer-lasting improvements to your plumbing are possible. Aside from that, this water softener runs without power.
Even severely polluted water sources are thoroughly cleaned, thanks to the four-step filtration system design. Additionally, it removes current scaling and stops buildups. You won’t have to spend as much time scraping and cleaning the buildup of scale on your showerhead and faucets.
Here is a summary of some of the important factors to take into account when making a purchase:
- Brand Value: There are several brands, but few have intrinsic worth. The companies whose products we’ve highlighted have a distinct selling proposition. They stand out from their rivals because of the unique offering they make.
- Features: What features are you looking for in a citric acid water filter? What features should you look for in a water softening unit? It is not necessarily beneficial to have many things, even if one does. But finding the most important ones that are helpful is important.
- Reliability: We all desire appliances we can use for a long time, and a citrus water softener is no exception. A unit’s strength and durability are unmistakable signs of how long it will survive.
What is a citric acid water softener?
Use a citric acid water softener to treat hard water and remove excessive mineral buildup on your surfaces, dishes, appliances, and pipes.
If left unchecked, the minerals accumulate as scale deposits.
These might cause your water pressure to drop and produce unsightly stains on your clothing and other surfaces around the house. Additionally, it can lead to overuse and faster burnout of your appliances.
Additionally, hard water poses a threat to your health. Changing the pH balance of your skin can cause dry skin and hair and affect your skin’s capacity to defend against harmful germs and infections.
Using this softener can lessen the number of minerals that hard water leaves behind, making your pipes cleaner, your appliances last longer, your surfaces easier to clean, and your skin healthier.
Pros & cons of citric acid water conditioner
Although there are several advantages and disadvantages to using this type of water conditioner, it’s a great choice that you’ll probably profit from.
- Remove scale and hard water stains from your skin, dishes, and pipes.
- These water conditioners are environmentally friendly because they don’t produce any wastewater or need electricity.
- The easy replacement cartridges make maintenance easier
- There is no need for large salt packets that give your water a bad taste.
- Although it is unnecessary, most people have a professional install their water conditioner.
- Mineral deposits already present might break and pass through the system.
What to consider when buying a citric acid water softener
Water softener type
The salt-based type of water softener is the most popular. The salt-free and electromagnetic water softeners are other popular types. Each has different components, processes, and results.
A consistent supply of sodium or potassium chloride is required for the salt-based unit to extract calcium and magnesium ions from the water. The other two neutralize rather than remove the mineral particles. There are many things to look at in this case. Before considering if a citric acid water softener is appropriate for your household, weigh the advantages and disadvantages of using one.
Ease of installation
Purchasing a water softener that you can install yourself is always preferable. Doing this will save time and money for a qualified plumber to install the system. But some appliances need a lot of effort before you can set up and use them. To know whether you can handle the installation work, carefully review the product description.
Each water softener unit has a different capacity. The number of gallons of water the system can soften before needing to be replaced is how it is described. A citric acid water conditioner for the entire home has a larger softening volume, which increases its longevity. Choose this to benefit from longer-term savings that are superior.
This includes the unit’s price tag. How often must you replace it each year? Remember that you will need to replace your system’s media capacity more frequently, the less it can hold.
Never forget that finding the best water softener for your house takes time and effort.
Does the flow rate change using a whole-house citric acid water softening system?
Since most reviews claim it does not impact the flow rate, it shouldn’t.
Will a citric acid water softener reduce heavy metals?
No, it won’t. For this, you would want a different type of water filter.
Is it easy to install a citric acid water softener?
Installing a citric acid water softener shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes. There are no tools required. However, hiring a professional to do such work is always advisable if you lack knowledge or are hesitant.
Do citric acid water softeners use a lot of electricity?
No. An appliance with a filter is a citric acid water softener. The hard water containing mineral ions interacts there on its own when water flows through it. Electricity is not required to run the procedure. As a result, a water softener that uses citric acid is ecologically beneficial. You may also reduce the garbage and energy used in your home.
The quantity of citrus-based water softener choices available makes picking one overwhelming. Additionally, you want to compare salt vs. citric acid water softener. Many crucial things to consider before deciding, such as your preferences and house requirements.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2022-12-05